Future of Padloper - New Project Lead Announcement

kongondo

On 1/29/2020 at 12:08 PM, kongondo said:

Hmm. This is a tricky one as it is made up of two parts:

1. Paying a fraction (instalment) of the total cost
  2. Future payment (aka recurring payment)

Both are tricky, but especially #2. 

#1 is partly achievable by raising an invoice using manual order creation. The order will be manually marked as complete once the total has been paid. Automating the process may not be an easy task. I'd have to think about it more.

# 2 If this means storing user card details, then no; we are not going down that route. However, if it means using payment providers' subscription/recurring payments services, then it is probably doable. The payment providers API is there. Something else to think about, but for future versions.

Currently none of these features are in the plan, but I'll have a think. I will probably need reminding though :-).

Thanks for your answers.

#2 Totally agree about not storing user card details.

I guess that the "easiest" path will be to have a module around a provider like Stripe, ReCharge etc...

Sorry guys
I just bought the dev. license of Padloper 3.0, (confirmation email is attached) but the download link takes me to 404 page,
also the link sent to the email confirmation doesn't work...

I have not yet received a response from the seller antti ?

Does anybody is in direct contact with him and can warn him of the problem?
Order Invoice #     3188
Date     2020-02-04

Thanks in advance

confirmation-email.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Apologies for the very loud silence!

I hope to elaborate more on this a bit later. However, rather than keep people guessing, I'll write something short.

I have been working my fingers to the bone to release a beta by spring 2020. I suppose it hasn't gone unnoticed that I rarely post in the forums at large these days. This is because I am dedicating nearly all my time to Padloper. The plan was to start early beta testing in mid-April 2020. This was largely on track. Like many of us, maybe most of us in the forums, we have all been affected in one way or another by the current situation in the world. This has thrown a monkey wrench in the works. I have had to readjust how I work, albeit my productivity taking a hit. I wish I could properly 'guesstimate' how much delay this is going to cause but it will just be futile. On the other hand, I appreciate that you have been waiting for a relatively long time for this release. I want to reassure you that I am not just kicking the can down the road. Maybe I should have been showing you more screenshots of progress but currently, that would just eat further into my limited time.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, your patience.

Cheers.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi all,

Apologies for the very loud silence!

I hope to elaborate more on this a bit later. However, rather than keep people guessing, I'll write something short.

I have been working my fingers to the bone to release a beta by spring 2020. I suppose it hasn't gone unnoticed that I rarely post in the forums at large these days. This is because I am dedicating nearly all my time to Padloper. The plan was to start early beta testing in mid-April 2020. This was largely on track. Like many of us, maybe most of us in the forums, we have all been affected in one way or another by the current situation in the world. This has thrown a monkey wrench in the works. I have had to readjust how I work, albeit my productivity taking a hit. I wish I could properly 'guesstimate' how much delay this is going to cause but it will just be futile. On the other hand, I appreciate that you have been waiting for a relatively long time for this release. I want to reassure you that I am not just kicking the can down the road. Maybe I should have been showing you more screenshots of progress but currently, that would just eat further into my limited time.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, your patience.

Cheers.

It is quite understandable, it's not easy having to share time between surviving and working at the same time, God speed 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mike-it said:

Sorry guys
I just bought the dev. license of Padloper 3.0, (confirmation email is attached) but the download link takes me to 404 page,
also the link sent to the email confirmation doesn't work...

Hi! I have the same problem ! Do you have a solution ? I have a 404 error when I click on the download link into the mail.

Hi all, hi @Chris B,

Sorry you haven't received your purchase link yet. Please note though that this thread is not intended for Padloper support (old or new or upcoming versions).

Until specified otherwise, please direct all such inquiries to Antti  via PM or via the email in the invoice. If you still haven't heard from him after a reasonable amount of time, then PM me instead.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @kongondo,

I am in the need to create an eshop. I think you wrote quite a lot about how hard you work on Padloper. I cannot imagine how far you can be with it. In case I buy a licence now, will I be able to upgrade later or should I wait for the new version?

Thanks.

Hi @kunago,

On 4/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, kunago said:

will I be able to upgrade later

No. At least not directly. Please see the first post in this thread for the full announcement. I will look into creating a migration script though, but I cannot promise this.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, kunago said:

should I wait for the new version?

This depends on the urgency of your need. Please note though that current Padloper users will get the new Padloper (Padloper 2) at a discounted price (within a limited time period). This discount is yet to be determined though.

Hope this helps.

@kongondo,

thank you for your reply. I need to start working on it rather sooner then later so at this point it's hard to pick - whether a different solution or to wait. Since I don't think it is a good idea to work with Padloper 1 and then with some difficulties migrate to Padloper 2 .... ummm. I need to think it through. ?

Thank you though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, kongondo said:

How would you React if I said I love Vue?

?

I don't know, is it going to help you complete padloper next version?

If not I would say it is a waste of time, but what do I know, I am not a programmer, just a guy who paid for padloper and keeps hoping something will happen to get a good shopping environment working with processwire.

But to be quite honest, judging by the slowness of reactions on the closed forum of padloper and the lack of progress here, I am not so sure if this is ever going to be a product that I would trust my shops to.

But hey if you love Vue, I hope the two of you get real happy.

BTW any news to report on padloper?

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, k07n said:

It's a very Svelte question! ?

?

On 4/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, Pixrael said:

Are you going to spread that love in all your modules? ?

I hope to do so, eventually.

-------------

This (post above) was meant to be teaser before an announcement but I never got to that on time, so it seems to have backfired spectacularly ?.

It seems that rather than waste time writing such teasers, I should be getting on with the job :-). So, here we go, just FYI.

Padloper 2 will utilise Vue and Vuetify in the backend. I won't go into details why (at least for now). Just know that there were solid technical and practical reasons for this. This is not a request for comments :-), i.e. there is no going back on this. The main foundation of Padloper 2 remains the same; A native ProcessWire shop solution that is robust, secure and user friendly.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kongondo said:

This is not a request for comments

But I want to comment ?  ..when you release Padloper2, Can you create a tutorial, or better a course, how to use Vue+PW in modules development? I think if you put it on Udemy, some of us might buy it.. I would like to start creating modules and I think Vue is the way. You will allow us to know if this will be a bigger and better step than using UIKit in Processwire.

Thank you for bringing this to our environment.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, kongondo said:

Padloper 2 will utilise Vue and Vuetify in the backend. I won't go into details why (at least for now). Just know that there were solid technical and practical reasons for this. This is not a request for comments :-), i.e. there is no going back on this. The main foundation of Padloper 2 remains the same; A native ProcessWire shop solution that is robust, secure and user friendly.

It sounds good. I love Vue too.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, kongondo said:

This (post above) was meant to be teaser before an announcement but I never got to that on time, so it seems to have backfired spectacularly ?.

Does that mean we can expect an announcement in the foreseeable future?

5 hours ago, kongondo said:

Yes....but not sure exactly what you mean by foreseeable.  ?

I meant very soon. We have been waiting for your announcement pretty much since 2018, it was surely a nice buildup of anticipation. ?

34 minutes ago, Jozsef said:

We have been waiting for your announcement pretty much since 2018

I understand ?. Look at it this way (as a friend put it), I am pretty much building a Shopify!

• Like 4