Future of Padloper - New Project Lead Announcement

kongondo

On 11/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, ngrmm said:

i know this not depends on padloper. but maybe there is a possibility for force-switch the language in the new product-template.
or maybe update the price at the checkout if the user enter in the final billing-address.
i hope you understand what i mean ?

What @LostKobrakai said. :-).

On 11/21/2018 at 9:30 PM, ngrmm said:

thats right, but how about updating prices based on billing address?

I don't think this is something Padloper should handle. If prices need to be adjusted, we have Hooks for such things. Alternatively, you could add custom price fields to the product template and use those instead, following some logic. So, this is up to the  dev. On a side note, I'm not sure I get the rationale of adjusting a product's price based on a customer's location. Shipping, yes, but not the actual product price. Is it because of exchange rates? Aren't those handled by the merchants?

On 11/23/2018 at 7:43 AM, MarcoPLY said:

Can we have something like ready-api.php page, with all the variable for use just like a endpoint for connect with the API of any carriers ? 

Could be a backend page where for each of our Padloper fields there are editable fields to connect with the carriers API. Also will be great if there are the fields for add the link of the carriers page where send the data.

Or maybe could be just a page where there are a recap of our API + documentation and that in a separate php page we will write our code.

I'll consider these when we get to that stage, thanks.

1 hour ago, Jozsef said:

Do you have a rough idea on when will an initial release be available? I'd need to add a simple store to a PW site after the holidays.

My initial estimates was 6 months from when I got started (please see first post). I can't promise that though; it could even be shorter! Thanks for the interest.

• Like 5

Hello everyone!

One main question for me is, will there be shipping types for countrys. E.g. in Europe you need this to deliver your goods to other countries because the shipping costs depending on them.

May I don't read well, but I can't find so far an information.

Thanks for your reply.

16 hours ago, MateThemes said:

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the forums @MateThemes

will there be shipping types for countrys. E.g. in Europe you need this to deliver your goods to other countries because the shipping costs depending on them.

Yes.

but I can't find so far an information.

It is here. I quote:

A shipping region can be any of these:

• Continent (E.g. Asia)
  • Country (Germany, Lithuania, UAE)
  • State/Province (Kowloon, Goa, Texas, Arezzo)

You can set up shipping by postcodes, states/provinces, countries or continents. All these are just sub-divisions of the same thing :-). A group of postcodes make a city, a group of cities a state, a group of states countries and a group of countries continents :-). Padloper will not have something like 'what type of shipping zone do you want to create?' Instead, you create the zone and throw in the countries or provinces (optionally delimited by postcodes) you want. If you want a European Union zone, throw in the countries that make up the Union in that zone and the applicable shipping rates. If you want a zone for South America, throw in the countries that make up that continent. If you want zones for Middle, Far and Near East, specify the respective countries for those regions. Please note that it is not an all or nothing system. If you don't want Brazil in your South America zone, then don't include it in the zone but instead create a different zone for it, unless of course you don't ship to Brazil, in which case, just exclude it entirely.

Hope this answers your question.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kongondo said:

Welcome to the forums @MateThemes

Yes.

It is here. I quote:

You can set up shipping by postcodes, states/provinces, countries or continents. All these are just sub-divisions of the same thing :-). A group of postcodes make a city, a group of cities a state, a group of states countries and a group of countries continents :-). Padloper will not have something like 'what type of shipping zone do you want to create?' Instead, you create the zone and throw in the countries or provinces (optionally delimited by postcodes) you want. If you want a European Union zone, throw in the countries that make up the Union in that zone and the applicable shipping rates. If you want a zone for South America, throw in the countries that make up that continent. If you want zones for Middle, Far and Near East, specify the respective countries for those regions. Please note that it is not an all or nothing system. If you don't want Brazil in your South America zone, then don't include it in the zone but instead create a different zone for it, unless of course you don't ship to Brazil, in which case, just exclude it entirely.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank your for your fast reply!!! I didn't see it that you already mentioned it!!!

Just wondering, would this module be useful for "services" and "memberships" or is it very tied to the idea of products? I'm thinking of migrating my Judo club's management from an off-the-shelf site I pay for and build something more specific to us, but one of the tricky parts is managing student memberships. E.g. They pay for one month of classes and can choose to "subscribe" to monthly payments.

I know the system isn't made specifically for this kind of use case, but would it be simple enough to use for that or should I look elsewhere/do it myself?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, porl said:

Just wondering, would this module be useful for "services" and "memberships" or is it very tied to the idea of products?

On a broad level, there's really only two types of products; physical and non-physical. The former require shipment, the latter do not. To the extent that a service is basically a non-physical product, yes, you can use Padloper for that, similarly to how some people use it to sell digital products. However, managing memberships is outside the remit of the module. You could use Padloper to handle payments and related transactions but would have to implement a separate membership management. I think, iirc, there might be one or two membership modules on the forums. Having said this, currently, Padloper cannot do recurring payments (at least not automatically) which is something you would need for your monthly payments subscriptions.

Thanks for the quick response! If I was to use Padloper for the payment side, would it be difficult to, say, add to a template the option to "automatically charge me each month" and then use some other module (cron like for instance) to use Padloper's api to charge again on the schedule?

I feel that if that is simple enough to hook into and I could also get simple information (last time this member paid for the month membership etc.) then it might make a good solution. Otherwise you might be right to suggest looking at other "membership modules".

15 hours ago, porl said:

If I was to use Padloper for the payment side, would it be difficult to, say, add to a template the option to "automatically charge me each month" and then use some other module (cron like for instance) to use Padloper's api to charge again on the schedule?

Automatically 'charge' should be able to work since it is basically creating a manual order in an automated way (cron, hook), if that makes sense ?. As for actually taking payment automatically, that, we don't currently do as we don't store customers' payment details. (nor will we be heading in that direction). Maybe by setting up recurring payments, say in PayPal, it might work? I've not tried it so just guessing here. This would mean automatically triggering a PayPal payment request, again, something I've not tried before.

Edited by kongondo

1 hour ago, kongondo said:

Which ones did you find?

he haven't been able to find one.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:01 AM, porl said:

do you happen to know of any?

What about using the built-in user management ?

Users could be customer, sellers or admins, you can do what you want. What specificity are you talking about this "membership" related module ?

Edited by flydev
Got answer in past messages..

haha yeah I should have worded that better. I haven't found any at all.

What I mean by membership modules is something that can track "subscribed" members. So a member can sign up for a monthly subscription and the module will return if they are up to date or expired. Maybe how many days left etc.

This part I think would be easy enough to make, but not sure on the payment side. This is why I thought something like padloper would be a better starting point. Still not sure though.

56 minutes ago, porl said:

What I mean by membership modules is something that can track "subscribed" members. So a member can sign up for a monthly subscription and the module will return if they are up to date or expired. Maybe how many days left etc.

This part I think would be easy enough to make, but not sure on the payment side.

Sounds pretty straightforward then. At its simplest, two date/timestamp or similar fields, with start and end dates. Depending on the granularity you want, you can set up a cron to check memberships once a day, i.e. focus on the day not the exact time of expiration (which would mean  more regular crons). Then:

pseudo code:

if(today > endDate)// membership has expired

However, not sure what exactly you want in your membership 'module' (besides the usual - name, email, start_date, end_date).

56 minutes ago, porl said:

but not sure on the payment side. This is why I thought something like padloper would be a better starting point. Still not sure though.

I'm still not clear what exactly you want to settle for given our previous discussions. Do you:

1. Want to send the member an email to remind them that their membership has expired and that they need to renew it?
  2. Want to automatically renew their membership, raise an invoice and send to member but meanwhile set their membership status as 'pending'?
  3. Want to automatically renew their membership, charge and collect payment from their specified payment method and send them an email confirmation?

If 1 or 2, you can do that already with ProcessWire. No need for Padloper. If #3, as previously stated, Padloper does not automatically collect Payments. I'm not sure if the PayPal module can be modified to accept recurring, automated Payments. I haven't gotten round to working on it yet and it may be a long while before I do that, I'm afraid.

Hi kongondo

Number 3 would be the ideal. I was mostly wondering if padloper could be modified "easily" to do that, but it looks like it might be too far outside its scope for now. I think I should probably start with 1 or 2 and maybe look at the payment-paypal module to see if I could work towards that.

Side question, if I was to use a module like that (payment-paypal) would it be an issue if I added Padloper for another part of the site?

I saw someone made a preliminary mollie payment module, but I don't think it handles subscriptions. Gave me some more things to think about, thanks!.

6 hours ago, kongondo said:

I'm sorry I don't get this one. Please clarify.

Never mind, I looked into how the modules worked and don't see any issues with other parts of the site using them with Padloper installed. I should have checked first.

10 hours ago, MateThemes said:

How much will the module costs?

Please refer to the first post in this thread, under 'Pricing Model'. There are no immediate plans to change the prices.

10 hours ago, MateThemes said:

I have a current project with ecommerce and I need to decide if i should wait for the release!

There is no firm release date. It may be more than 4 months away.

• 3 weeks later...

Shop Dashboard/Backend GUI

Hello good people. It's GUI Time! 

It's time to start thinking about the backend GUI (your Padloper shop Admin/Dashboard). I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding the layout. What is your general preference? What would your clients prefer? The options are:

1. 1-column layout with horizontal dropdown menu (orders, products, reports, etc)
  2. 2-column layout with vertical sidebar menu on the left and main content on the right (maybe with an option to collapse the sidebar)
  3. Shop resembling an app (meaning will look different from rest of ProcessWire admin).

Another variation could be a full-width screen. This would also look different from the rest of the ProcessWire admin.

I am leaning toward #2. Alternatively, we could make this configurable and offer two choices; either #1 or #2. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.