AndZyk

Remove file from InputfieldFile before adding file with same filename via hooks

Hello,

I am not that experienced with hooks and was hoping if somebody could me with this task:

I have a InputfieldFile in wich a single generated file will be added after checking a checkbox in the back-end and saving the page. This happens in the saveReady-hook of a page with a specific template inside a ready.php:

<?php
$this->addHookAfter("Pages::saveReady", function($event) {

$page = $event->arguments(0);

if ($page->template->name === "example") {
		if ($page->checkboxField) {
			$page->fileField->add($generatedFile);
		}
	}

});

Now if a new file should be generated and there is already a file in this InputfieldFile, I would like to remove the previous file and replace it with the new one:

<?php
if (count($page->fileField)) {
	$page->fileField->removeAll();
}

That works well so far. My problem is, that I want to add the new file with the same name filename.pdf. But when I remove the previous file and add the new file inside the same saveReady-hook, the previous file still exists until the page is saved and the name of the new file will be added a filename-1.pdf, because ProcessWire makes the filename unique when a file with the same name exists.

My question is: Is there a hook or way to remove the previous file before the new file will be added to keep the same filename?

I tried to unlink the previous file, but then the InputfieldFile doesn't always gets updated correctly and has one empty file and the new file. 😉

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1

Thank you very much @BitPoet for this idea.

Renaming the old file before adding the new file works great. Now the filename of the new one doesn't get changed. 🙂

<?php
if (count($page->fileField)) {
	foreach ($page->fileField as $pagefile) {
		$pagefile->rename("old_{$pagefile->basename}");
	}

$page->fileField->removeAll();
}

I was searching for hooks but never thought of such a simple solution. 😀

Edited by AndZyk
Added code

@AndZyk As an alternative to hooking, you can use URL segments for this purpose. Take a look at this thread 

Thank you for the hint, although I can't use URL segments, because the file will be generated and added only in the back-end. 😉

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gregory
      Hi everyone.
      I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".
      I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF
      Could anyone help me? Thank you.
      <?php foreach($page->case_studies as $item) { if($item->type == 'contenuto') { echo " <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a> "; } } ?>  
    • By Robin S
      File Info
      A textformatter module for ProcessWire. The module can add information to local Pagefile links in two ways:
      As extra markup before, within or after the link As data attributes on the link (handy if you want to use a Javascript tooltip library, for instance) Screenshots
      Module config

Example of output

Installation
      Install the File Info module.
      Add the textformatter to one or more CKEditor fields.
      Configuration
      Add markup action (and general)
      Select "Add markup to links" Select the Pagefile attributes that will be retrieved. The attribute "filesizeStrCustom" is similar to the core "filesizeStr" attribute but allows for setting a custom number of decimal places. If you select the "modified" or "created" attributes then you can define a date format for the value. Enter a class string to add to the links if needed. Define the markup that will be added to the links. Surround Pagefile attribute names in {brackets}. Attributes must be selected in the "Pagefile attributes" section in order to be available in the added markup. If you want include a space character at the start or end of the markup then you'll need >= PW 3.0.128. Select where the markup should be added: prepended or appended within the link, before the link, or after the link. Add data attributes action
      Select "Add data attributes to links" Select the Pagefile attributes that will be retrieved. These attributes will be added to the file links as data attributes. Attributes with camelcase names will be converted to data attribute names that are all lowercase, i.e. filesizeStrCustom becomes data-filesizestrcustom. Hook
      If you want to customise or add to the attributes that are retrieved from the Pagefile you can hook TextformatterFileInfo::getFileAttributes(). For example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('TextformatterFileInfo::getFileAttributes', function(HookEvent $event) { $pagefile = $event->arguments(0); $page = $event->arguments(1); $field = $event->arguments(2); $attributes = $event->return; // Add a new attribute $attributes['sizeNote'] = $pagefile->filesize > 10000000 ? 'This file is pretty big' : 'This file is not so big'; $event->return = $attributes; });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TextformatterFileInfo
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-file-info/
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum! 
      I started to write my first hook for Processwire but I'm pretty confused how you should write these. My idea is to hook after publishing in init.php (called before templates)  for a certain template. 

Here's the code: 

Trying to reset the checkbox (ajasta) and then saving it so it shows unchecked in the admin page when publishing "article" page. 
      But the code isn't doing anything. Not even dumping anything
      What seems to be the problem? And have you made a similar hook for this usage or am I doing it totally wrong? 😄
      Thanks for the support in advance!
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I am getting nuts trying to understand hooks and I hope someone in the community will be able to help. This is deiving me crazy ! I have tested tens of possibilities to eventually reduce my code to this :
        bd('outside');   $wire->addHookAfter('Page::render', function($event) {     bd('inside');   }); And if someone could tell me why my bd('inside'); never triggers... I would be infinitely grateful !
      EDIT : Forgot to say : this piece of code is in my _init.php included in my template (but I've also tried in my site/ready.php for no better results...)
    • By NorbertH
      Is there a hook to do something right after cloning a page ?
      I want the page to be saved right after cloning it either from the button in the tree or from a lister, because saving the page triggers several calculations that are not triggered by just cloning the page.

Thanks in advance !