Sign in to follow this  
louisstephens

Using hanna to output js/php

I have a repeater with a text field where I would like to use hanna code (to make it easier on the user) so the user can define the action of a image that is in the repeater. For example:

1. The image should have an external link:

- the user can just type in the url

2. The image, when clicked, should be printable (using print.js)

- the user can just type [[print_image]]

That works just fine, but I am running into an "issue". The code I need to use to print is:

onclick="printJS({printable: 'path_to_image', type: 'image'});"

I can put that into the hanna code as plain text, but I have no idea how to get the image from the repeater item and pass to "path_to_image". Is this even possible?

25 minutes ago, louisstephens said:

I have a repeater with a text field where I would like to use hanna code (to make it easier on the user) so the user can define the action of a image that is in the repeater. For example:

1. The image should have an external link:

- the user can just type in the url

2. The image, when clicked, should be printable (using print.js)

- the user can just type [[print_image]]

That works just fine, but I am running into an "issue". The code I need to use to print is:

I can put that into the hanna code as plain text, but I have no idea how to get the image from the repeater item and pass to "path_to_image". Is this even possible?

Yes, this should be doable!

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessHannaCode (Check PHP Usage Notes)

If I understand the docs correctly, the $page variable context will be the repeater page where the image field is. 

Thanks elabx. I might need a bit more help here. I currently have [[print_image]]:

But I also need "path_to_image" filled out, but I wasnt sure how to echo the php inside of a hanna code that was set to "text/html". Perhaps I am making this more difficult than it needs to be, but I was trying to work around using if statements in my actual template to check whether the user typed a url vs the shortcode.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By calago
      after the migration to version 3.0.145 our export templates all of a sudden dont work properly, 
      we have a functionality where we use a boiler template with a set of fields. for some reason since the upgrade when we select the export template to export it. it wont show any of the fields added after the migration, 

as you can see the offer certificate remarks field has been added to the export, 
      but when we select it it wont come trough

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys, 
      I have been debugging a site for the last 2 hours and cannot solve the issue. 
      I have a site running on 3.0.148. 
      I installed the Kongondo Blog module and was updating the templates to include the website style. 
      Once everything was set and done, I checked the page tree to see an error appear. 
      Template must be assigned a name before 'filename' can be accessed
      The same error appears in templates. 
      Debugging Steps
      I checked the templates in the server to ensure I didnt accidentally delete the namespace.  Deleted cache in browser and server under assets Still no go. 
      Any help is appreciated. 
      Thanks! 
    • By Spyros
      Hello
      I'm having a strange issue with the $page->find(), for some reason I'm missing some of the pages from the results. I found then that I was missing all the pages with the same "PAGE NAME". Is it a bug or am I missing something?
      PS 
      If I change the "PAGE NAME" of one of the missing ones then I'm retrieving the page without any problem.
      Thank you
    • By Guy Incognito
      This short script loops through some images from an XML feed and pushes new ones to an image field. It all works perfectly, except for some reason the last image (only) in the loop each time doesn't receive the image description... can everyone spot why? TIA! 🙂 
      foreach ($propertyImages as $img) { $fileName = trim($img[0]); if ( !empty($fileName) ) { $imgPath = '../property_data/'.$fileName; if(file_exists($imgPath) && !in_array(strtolower($fileName),$currentImages)) { $p->property_images->add($imgPath); $p->save(); $newImg = $p->property_images->last(); $newImg->description = $img[1]; $p->save(); } } }  
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am working with Processwire since some time. But some topics are quite hard for me.
      I have a Portfolio (Gallery) Page.
      I am build a template with Portfolio Index and pages with portfolio entries.
      Structure:
      Portfolio Index
      -- Portfolio Entry
      -- Portfolio Entry
      and so on.
      Portfolio Entry has an Image field with max 12 images and are accessible Templates. 
      Now I want to display the single Portfolio Entry on the Portfolio Index and Paginate them. In the index page all images of a single Entry page should be displayed (I should not be organized as albums, where a random image of the portfolio entry should be displayed). 
      I have no clue to achieve this. May someone could give me an advice.
      Thank you in advance!