FrancisChung

I recently discovered a show called Final Space and it's been a revelation so far with very entertaining characters and humour to boot.
They have an all star voice lineup including David Tennant, Steven Yuen, Conan O'Brien, Ron Perlman, Caleb McLaughlin etc

It's kinda like a blend of Futurama & Rick & Morty with an ongoing plot like a normal TV series, rather than having storylines that are confined to each episode only.

Check it out if you're a fan of the above shows.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6317068/

• Like 1

Ooh, this is a great topic idea! Some of my favourites follow - probably several are already known to folks but I think some will be new to many. A number of these were cancelled well before their time but don't let that put you off watching them.

Shows by Jed Mercurio - this guy's work is really original. Sadly often cancelled prematurely, I guess just too far outside of mainstream tastes.

Bodies: dark and disturbing medical drama. This was the first Mercurio show I saw. So good.

Critical: another medical drama, with extensive surgical scenes. Apparently a lot of work was put into making the language and procedures medically accurate. Requires a strong stomach - at first I thought I wasn't going to be able to take it but it's surprising how quickly you acclimatise, probably just like surgeons do at medical school. The special effects models in this are incredible - I have never seen gore effects this realistic before.

Line of Duty: police procedural, a bit more conventional which probably explains why it's still being made. Lots of twists and turns and a cut above others in this genre.

Judd Apatow's TV work: Freaks and Geeks is essential viewing, and Undeclared while not quite as good is definitely worth seeing. Both cancelled - what were they thinking?

Deadwood: one of the best ever HBO shows, and that's a high bar. If only more people had watched it.

Everyone knows that The Wire is a candidate for the greatest TV show ever made (IMO it gets that prize), but check out some of David Simon's other work too. Generation Kill is a first-rate miniseries about soldiers in Iraq, and lately I have been loving The Deuce. Can't wait for the next season.

If you're in the mood for some very smart and unconventional stand-up then check out Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. For more dark British comedy see Brass Eye - everything made by Chris Morris is gold.

I could go on and on, but one last favourite: Everybody Loves Raymond. This is simply the best multi-camera sitcom ever made. It has many of the same qualities I love about Apatow's work - laugh-out-loud funny while maintaining a human heart and tackling some issues that are actually quite serious. It was obviously an influence on him because of all the ELR references in Apatow films. My all-time favourite episodes:

S02E11 - The Letter
S04E09 - No Thanks
S04E18 - Debra Makes Something Good
S05E19 - The Canister
S06E17 - The Skit
S09E07 - Debra's Parents
S09E09 - A Date for Peter

Here's another show I took a chance on and was greatly rewarded.
It stars Josh Hutcherson from the Hunger Games but I really like him in this one.

And it's funny too. At least 1 LOL moment for me per episode. Check it out if you're in the mood for a laugh