[SOLVED] Custom FieldtypeMulti - seemingly not reaching the InputField's processInput()

I began writing this module from scratch, basing it off simple examples of modules, trying to learn the necessary methods required to create a fieldtype. I was WAY off, but learned a lot. Eventually I moved towards examining the FieldtypeEvents example from Ryan and, in many areas, copy/pasting and then adjusting the code (and then trying to determine what it all was doing) method by method, file by file (from his example to my module).

I've gotten to the point where I was ready to test the code - I haven't fully fleshed out my visual interface, nor integrated any of the 3rd party API tools this will (can) take advantage of. I also haven't implemented any JS or CSS for the interface. Right now I'm just trying to get it to save and then display any of the data that has been entered into the form fields of a template from the admin. When I save the page, the field is reset to defaults and no feedback message (for the field) is shown at the top of the page upon reload. When using Tracy Debugger from within the processInput method (immediately attempting to debug the $input variable), Tracy caught no data to be shown.

If anyone has some time to take a quick look and see what I might've done wrong I'd be super grateful. I've had no forward progress in about 3 days (and like many others was unable to get Xdebug breakpoints working in PHPStorm). ?

https://github.com/BrendonKoz/FieldtypeBooks

Get ready for a face palm ?

On line # 145

public function __processInput(WireInputData $input) {

the method processInput() is missing one underscore at the beginning and should be

public function ___processInput(WireInputData $input) {

• Like 7

I appreciate the further glance - though it's most definitely in an unfinished state. When I couldn't get a database save to work I panicked a bit and rewrote some areas (not necessarily finishing them). That said, it's good to make me think about it again - I might've forgotten to go back and fix it up. I still want to provide a few data provider options (manual entry, OpenLibrary, Polaris ILS, etc) through module configuration; need to fix up the interface and figure out accessibility/internationalization concerns, then do some further testing. There's still quite a bit to do yet (I'm primarily stumped at the UI, have a few possible directions I can go), but at least now I can happily move forward!

EDIT:
Confused myself. Sanitization is currently being done in OpenLibraryBook::set() -- though it'll be a little different once I add various data providers for the book information.

I tried checking your website for an Amazon Wishlist or Paypal link (i.e.: "Did I help you? Consider buying me a coffee."). If you want some coffee money, PM me a wishlist or Paypal email. ?