creativejay

$pages->find() page or field equal value, separated by a pipe "|" symbol

Apologies if this has been covered. I tried a search but didn't hit the usecase I'm after.

I currently have category pages listing their children products. Someone asked me to put a product in multiple categories, so I created a Page Reference field called prod_othercategories which lets a user pick multiple product category pages.

When I try to output a list of products for a category page, I came around to the following selector:

$pages->find("prod_othercategories|parent=$page, template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242");

Only the first selector item is giving me trouble, but I'm including the entire string in case something is conflicting and I'm not realizing it.

The output is currently only outputting matches for "parent" and ignoring prod_othercategories. I tried listing parent first in the selector but it had no effect.

Appreciate if someone could help me with this! Thanks!

Hello,

can you try this:

$pages->find("(prod_othercategories=$page),(parent=$page), template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242");

Regards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, creativejay said:

Ah well that's embarrassing.

No need to be 🙂. Although this feature has been, relatively,  around for a while, it's not easy keeping up with all the new stuff. That selectors page has been updated several times with new stuff so it's good to have a fresh look at it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pwFoo
      I played with the Selectors object and would like to use it for a special use case...
      That is a custom Selectors object with dummy data converted to an php array to see the structure (Selectors object is a WireArray with "fields" added)
      Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [field] => seg1 [value] => val1 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) [1] => Array ( [field] => seg2 [value] => val2 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) ) )  
      But instead of "seg1" the field name is "field" with value "seg1" (= my field name).

So I can't search the Selectors WireArray (= custom WireArray with added Selectors objects) with PW "find('seg1=val1')", Is there a way to search with "find()" or build a simple wrapper to make the elements searchable / filterable with find()?
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm struggling with this : a 'group' field of 'Page' type.
      The parent of selectable pages is '/groups', the template is 'group', and a member can create some groups in the /groups tree. I would like this user to see only the groups he or she has created so in my 'Find selector' in the backend, I would like to use :

template=group, created_users_id=$user->id But that doesn't seem to work... I still get the list of all available groups in the /groups tree.
      Any idea ?
      I had a feeling I had already seen that before (something like $user->id must be replaced by users_id or something, but I can't find anything in the Forums... and all my tests keep failing...
    • By Peter Knight
      <?php $Cats=$pages->find("parent=1086, id!=$page, sort=sort"); foreach($Cats as $Cat) { echo " I have a selector that pulls in 4 child pages of a parent and the order is set to reflect the order of the tree.
      My client has asked that instead of
      Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 | Cat 4
      we instead display
      Cat 4 | Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 
      However, I can't change the sort order in the tree.
      Can anyone guide me on the correct approach here?
      Thanks

• By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      It appears that i've found something interesting about PW selectors. They should only be strings! Here's an example of SQL-like syntax for selector:
      $my_complex_selector = " name='some name', parameter=123, other_parameter=[subparam>=subvalue] "; Trying to use this selector lead to a very buggy PW behaviour. It appears that newlines are treated in a very special manner by PW selector engine, preventing the newlined selectors from working as expected.
      I cannot imagine a situation when an unescaped newline could be a part of selector or selector value, so stripping newline symbols from selector could be a good idea for further PW development. And, currently, another good idea is to write complex selectors as PHP arrays:
      $my_complex_selector = [ "name=$name", "param1=$param1", ]; and to implode them into a single line before using find() and other functions which use selectors.
      Sorry if i wrote something trivial, but having this post already present at support forum could save me a couple of hours. Hope mine will save that tame for someone else 😉