creativejay

$pages->find() page or field equal value, separated by a pipe "|" symbol

Apologies if this has been covered. I tried a search but didn't hit the usecase I'm after.

I currently have category pages listing their children products. Someone asked me to put a product in multiple categories, so I created a Page Reference field called prod_othercategories which lets a user pick multiple product category pages.

When I try to output a list of products for a category page, I came around to the following selector:

$pages->find("prod_othercategories|parent=$page, template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242");

Only the first selector item is giving me trouble, but I'm including the entire string in case something is conflicting and I'm not realizing it.

The output is currently only outputting matches for "parent" and ignoring prod_othercategories. I tried listing parent first in the selector but it had no effect.

Appreciate if someone could help me with this! Thanks!

Hello,

can you try this:

$pages->find("(prod_othercategories=$page),(parent=$page), template=prod_series, sort=title, prod_status_pages!=1554|1559|1560|4242");

Regards.

• Like 3

That did it, thank you OLSA! I haven't seen that style of selector before!

2 hours ago, creativejay said:

Ah well that's embarrassing.

No need to be 🙂. Although this feature has been, relatively,  around for a while, it's not easy keeping up with all the new stuff. That selectors page has been updated several times with new stuff so it's good to have a fresh look at it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LMD
      I don't know if this is the right place, it's not really a tutorial, just a tip based on notes I wrote myself in a recent project to get it straight in my own head. I thought it might be useful for others in a similar situation.
      Scenario:
      Create a search function that will search for keywords "foo" and "bar" in multiple fields, but the keywords do not have to be adjacent, in order, or even all in the same field. For eample, the selector must match if "foo" is in "field_a" and "bar" is in "field_b" -- so long as both keywords are present somewhere, the page match is valid.
      It is possible to just split the terms and do multiple queries on each field separately and then combine the results into a single PageArray for pagination (I believe there is a module that helps with this). However, I wanted to see if it was possible to do a basic version with a single query.
      Not The Solution:
      The following selector does not work when keywords appear separately in different fields (operator '~=' - contains all the words):
      $selector = "title|field_a|field_b~=foo bar"; What the selector is saying:
      FIND BOTH "foo" AND "bar" IN title OR FIND BOTH "foo" AND "bar" IN field_a OR FIND BOTH "foo" AND "bar" IN field_b In this case, both "foo" and "bar" have to be in the same field (but not adjacent or in order) to match.
      The Actual Solution
      What we need to use is "named selectors" to let us match each individual keyword separately while still using one selector.
      Using the same example as before:
      $selector = "selector1=(title|field_a|field_b~=foo), selector2=(title|field_a|field_b~=bar)"; What the selector is saying at its most basic level:
      FIND BOTH selector1 AND selector2 Or, to expand on this, it is saying:
      (FIND "foo" IN title OR field_a OR field_b) AND (FIND "bar" IN title OR field_a OR field_b) Crucially, "foo" and "bar" do not have to be in the same field to match.
      Practical Method
      In this example code, I am actually allowing the search for phrases (using "quoted text") as well as individual terms, so a person could enter...
      "foo bar" baz ... and it will keep "foo bar" together aa one term and "baz" as a separate term and match them as an exact phrase.
      // Keywords obtained from $input->get and cleaned (multiple spaces removed)/sanitized etc. $keywords = '"foo bar" baz'; // Split into individual search terms by space (preserve spaces in quoted text) $terms = str_getcsv($keywords, " "); // array("foo bar", "baz") // Build up named selectors $ns = ""; // named selectors string $i=1; // named selector count foreach ($terms as $term) { // operator '*=' - contains the exact word or phrase $ns .= ", ns{$i}=(title|field_a|field_b*=" . trim($term) . ")"; $i++; } //$ns = ", ns1=(title|field_a|field_b*=foo bar), ns2=(title|field_a|field_b*=baz)" // Construct the whole selector (modify/add other general selectors as needed) $selector = "template=my-template, limit=20, sort=-date" . $ns; // Find pages based on selector $results = $pages->find($selector);  
      DISCLAIMER
      I haven't done any tests to see if this method is more efficient than running queries on each field separately and combining the results, I just wanted to see if it was possible!
    • By celfred
      Hello !
      I have somehting I don't understand here... Here's my code :
      $allPlayers = $pages->find("parent.name=players, team=$selectedTeam"); $allTrains = $allPlayers->find("template=event, task.name~=ut-action, refPage!='', date>=$startDate, date<=$endDate, sort=refPage, sort=date"); bd('$allTrains:'.$allTrains->count()); // DISPLAYS 0 ???? foreach($allPlayers as $p) { $allTrainings = $p->find("template=event, task.name~=ut-action, refPage!='', date>=$startDate, date<=$endDate, sort=refPage, sort=date"); $test += $allTrainings->count(); } bd('$test:'.$test); // DISPLAYS 883 pages (normal) As you can read from my comments, I have no idea why my first $allTrains stays at 0 while the second request actually finds the corresponding pages. If someone could explain I'd appreciate a lot. I have been struggling with this for hours now... For your information, my pages having template 'event' are in a subtree like so :
      - player 01
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...
      - player 02
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...
      - player ...
        - history-1
          - event 01
         - event 02
         - event ...
        - history-2
          - event 01
          - event ...

Thanks in advance. (sorry for my preceding 'tree' which doesn't look like much. I need to find a way to output this better 😉 )
    • By Noel Boss
      EDIT:
      What I'm actually really looking for is a way to edit and add children of a page in a similar way as RepeaterMatrix fields:
      Easy to add new ones and easy to move, hide and modify inline:

––––
      I have a problem and am so close to a solution, but everything i've found so far only gets me about 95% and before I create something on my own want to ask is anyone knows a soltion or if I miss something.
      My simple requirement: Editing Children and creating new ones inside the current parent page context – eighter inline or in a Lightbox.

Not working Option A:
      With page relation fields I can create new pages – but it requires me to select a fixed parent. If I don't provide a parent, no new link is present.

Not working Option B:
      With the awesome AdminPageFieldEditLinks Module I can create new Pages directly without the need to provide a parant beforehand – but then I need to select it at runtime.

There is a new link now – the link is: parent_id=0&amp;template_id=51&amp;modal=1 … if it only provided the correct parent_id!!!

But now i have to select the parent:

Not working Option C :
      That's what I do right now… Reordering the Child-Field to the first tab – but to maintain the context, I would need the edit and new button to open a lightbox instead of a page reload.

Possible solutions:
      For A+B: If I could provide a selector as parent, this would solve my issue: "parent=page.id" or a checkbox "use parent page for new pages". Or I could use some hook?
      For C : I could write my own javascript to open the links in a Lightbox.

• By verdeandrea
      Hello girls and guys,
      i just saw that if I use a selector on a textarea, for example 
      $pages->find('body%=notes') it also find that key in html classes and attributes. For example it will find
      <p class="text-notes">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet cosectetur.</p> Is there a way to avoid this anche check only the texts without the html tags?
      Thanks!
    • By Eunico Cornelius
      I am trying to filter my $pages with a find($selector method). 
      $matches = $pages->find($selector); and this is an example of what my selector looks like
      $selector = "include=all, title|body~=$q, limit=50"; In this case, it only searches according to the matching exact words.
      For example:we search="art", the result="art times","these art",....
      Is there any way to search based on the alphabet?
      For example: we search="ab", the result="absolutely correct","abstract art",....