Image Field with > 100 Images - Slowdown...

zoeck

Hello, everybody,

I am creating a website with a picture gallery.
Each gallery has its own page and a picture field (just a title field and the image field).

In Picture Field, there are over 100 pictures (~200-250 pictures).

Now I had to realize that Processwire is getting extremely slow here. Uploading the images (approx. 500kb per image) also takes a very long time (local web server, not online).
The display after everything has been uploaded is also very slow.

Is there a way to work around these problems or to make it all faster? (i already used the image zip upload function... but theres the following error: "Input variables exceeded 1000")

The function "Use client-side resize when possible" is activated.

I'm using the newest 3.0.108 DEV Version

I hope you can help me here ? 

Hi,

I always limit PW's Images inputfield to 50 images which is normally just enough for most sites and it also makes sure storage requirement does not skyrocket ... I guess it is not feasible for this site you mention, so you might want to consider using @kongondo's Media Manager module: https://mediamanager.kongondo.com/ sure it is commercial but at the same time feature rich and should not have problems dealing with lots and lots of images.

• Like 1

Hm, i think the MediaManager Module looks interesting... ? 

The Jquery File Upload Module is used by the MediaManager... i think it's perfect for my site ? (with the MediaManager Module...)

/edit: oh, there's one problem, no UIKit Admin Theme support until now ? i think i have a look at the Jquery File Upload...