Jetbrains Toolset 50% off for a very short time

FrancisChung

2 hours ago, FrancisChung said:

Well, one is an IDE and the other is a code editor .... it's like comparing apples & oranges ...

But this is not necessarily an answer to my question ? 

Are you using PHPStorm (with PW)?

I've been using phpstorm since November last year solely on processwire projects. The issues I have are not related to processwire but the phpstorm interface in general. I also have used vscode and other code editors with processwire projects. To be honest, I don't think phpstorm is worth the price. It is far too annoying for the benefit of intellisense than vscode, for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rick said:

I've been using phpstorm since November last year solely on processwire projects. The issues I have are not related to processwire but the phpstorm interface in general. I also have used vscode and other code editors with processwire projects. To be honest, I don't think phpstorm is worth the price. It is far too annoying for the benefit of intellisense than vscode, for example.

That's exactly what I thought when I tried the trial version...

I think I will switch from Sublime to VSCode...

I liked PhpStorm, used for about 3 years, both at work and at home. It was fast and helped me a lot writing better code. Now I'm switching to VSCode too because I'm doing less PHP nowadays and it seems to fit my expectations.