Jacek

How to add a button after determined field on a page edit form?

I'm coding my first module now. I've just managed to add a button to the page edit form but am not content with its placing. Is there any way to place it just next to the input field? I've marked the desired place with the arrow on the attached screenshot.

My current code:

$this->addHookAfter('ProcessPageEdit::buildFormContent' , $this, 'addButton');

public function addButton($event){

$form = $event->return;

$f =$this->modules->InputfieldSubmit;

$form->insertAfter($f, $form->get("bgg_id"));

}

"bgg_id" is the name of the targeted field.

Screenshot_2018-07-31-01-18-44.jpg

Hook it in your in the inputfield's render's method:

$this->addHookAfter('InputfieldText::render', $this, 'addButton');

In the addButton method, check for the field's name, so it doesn't render everywhere.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Clément Lambelet
      Hey!
      I've been working on a Processwire installation (3.0.123) for a few days now and I must have made a big mistake this morning because the links in the admin's main menu no longer appear.
      This is not related to the admin theme, because the bug occurs with all themes (Default, Reno, Uikit).
      I tried to reinstall with the dev version (3.0.136), but the problem is still there. I also uninstalled all the modules I had added, without success. There is no error in the js console. 
      I still can access/view/edit the pages  by going through the admin/page list.
      Thanks in advance for your help!

• By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I have searched the forum for quite a long time and I tried some solutions for my topic but nothing seems to work.
      I need to create a Settings Page and for a native feeling I want to create it under the main navigation on top. The settings page should hold the Main Logo, some styling and other settings. As I said nothing seems to work for me. I tried to create a Page under Admin with Admin Template and ProcessPageEdit but then I can't assign an image field. 
      I don't want to write a module because it is to much work for only 3 settings.
      I hope someone of the forum could help me out!
      Have a nice day!
    • By BitPoet
      Inspired by this thread with a little nugget based on AOS by @benbyf to visually distinguish development systems from production ones, I wrote a small module that does the same and lets you adapt colors and text.
      Link to the github repo:
      AdminDevModeColors
      Version 0.0.1 is still very alpha and only tested on PW 3.0.124.
      Description
      This module lets you change the color for the top toolbar and add a small piece of text for development systems, so you are immediately you aren't working on production (and vice versa). The adaptions are made through pure CSS and applied if either the "Enable DEV mode" checkbox in the module's configuration is checked or the property $config->devMode is set to true in site/config.php.
      Works with Default, Reno and Uikit admin themes (though probably needs a lot of testing with different versions still).
      Since a screenshot says more than thousand words...
      Production system (unchanged):

Dev system (Default admin theme):

Dev system (Reno admin theme):

Dev system (Uikit admin theme):

Feel free to leave any feedback here and report any problems either in this thread or the github issue tracker.

• By SwimToWin
      The basic Processwire workflow assumes that I (as an Editor) want to save new Pages in draft mode - and therefore new pages are always set to unpublished by default. To publish the page, it is necessary to actively press "Publish", otherwise the Page will not be visible.
      The workflow is:
      Add new Page Status is now "Unpublished: Not visible on site." Press Publish - the page is now visible on site I want to publish pages right away (without having to press Publish).
      Where is that configured?
      ProcessWire 3.0.123
      Uikit v3 admin theme (0.3.0)
    • By SwimToWin
      I have a website that allows users to create their personal "website" (a page with sub-pages).
      Users shall be able to:
      Log in (frontend and/or admin), Edit "their" page(s) - I am using the "Page Edit Per User"-module (https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-edit-per-user/) to grant access to the relevant pages Create child pages - possible? Users shall not be able to see other pages in the admin interface - "Admin Restrict Page Tree" may do the trick (https://modules.processwire.com/modules/admin-restrict-page-tree/)? Frontend editing shall be possible - I am considering "Fredi" (https://modules.processwire.com/modules/fredi/) for this. The challenge is that it takes a lot of modules and configuration.
      Is there a way to set this up that doesn't require a lot of configuration for each new user?