Form Builder Feature Questions - Pre/Post Processing & PayPal

Hi Ryan and All,

I've been using a Perl script called "SimpleForm" that I've written and updated over the years. One reason I like it is because I created pre-processing and post-processing functions that allowed me to add any type of custom code I wanted to do, either before the data was processed as a submit, or afterwards.

However, it doesn't fit into the PW framework, since it's in Perl. Thus, I'm exploring buying Form Builder, but in reading the feature list, I couldn't quite get whether it allows this type of totally customizable, code-able pre and post processing.

I might have missed that, but can someone let me know if Form builder has that functionality?

Also, I want to be able to collect and save data, then send someone to the free PayPal site, and then have the person return to a PW page where the form data can be updated "as paid." Has that been done with Form Builder?

Thanks!

Peter

1 hour ago, Peter Falkenberg Brown said:

I might have missed that, but can someone let me know if Form builder has that functionality?

FormBuilder does allow this by hooking into it. Check this blog post, it gives a hook reference for FormBuilder.

http://processwire.com/blog/posts/formbuilder-v34/

1 hour ago, Peter Falkenberg Brown said:

Also, I want to be able to collect and save data, then send someone to the free PayPal site, and then have the person return to a PW page where the form data can be updated "as paid." Has that been done with Form Builder?

Sounds to me that some hook work could help solve this too.

• Like 1