How to sort according to order of page in page lister of admin?

nickngqs

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. I have a similar problem and dug out this thread, maybe some processwire wizzard out there can help me =D

I «gather» pages and subpages with a certain checkbox checked with $pages->find("checkbox=1"), ordered according to the page tree. sort=sort works quite right but it messes up the order of subpages.

Example:
page1 (checked)
page2
   –> subpage2.1 (checked)
page3
page4 (checked)

Now what I want to get is page1 | subpage2.1 | page4 but what I get with sort=sort is subpage2.1 | page1 | page4

Any ideas?

Cheers, Nuél

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Repeater Easy Sort
      Adds a compact "easy-sort" mode to Repeater and Repeater Matrix, making those fields easier to sort when there are a large number of items.
      The module also enhances Repeater Matrix by allowing a colour to be set for each matrix type. This colour is used in the item headers and in the "add new" links, to help visually distinguish different matrix types in the inputfield.
      Screencasts
      A Repeater field

A Repeater Matrix field with custom header colours

Easy-sort mode
      Each Repeater/Matrix item gets an double-arrow icon in the item header. Click this icon to enter easy-sort mode.
      While in easy-sort mode:
      The items will reduce in width so that more items can be shown on the screen at once. The minimum width is configurable in the field settings. Any items that were in an open state are collapsed, but when you exit easy-sort mode the previously open items will be reopened. You can drag an item left/right/up/down to sort it within the items. The item that you clicked the icon for is shown with a black background. This makes it easier to find the item you want to move in easy-sort mode. You can click an item header to open the item. An "Exit easy-sort mode" button appears at the bottom of the inputfield. Configuration
      In the field settings for Repeater and Repeater Matrix fields you can define a minimum width in pixels for items in easy-sort mode. While in easy-sort mode the items will be sized to neatly fill the available width on any screen size but will never be narrower than the width you set here.
      In the field settings for Repeater Matrix you can define a custom header colour for each matrix type using an HTML "color" type input. The default colour for this type of input is black, so when black is selected in the input it means that no custom colour will be applied to the header.
      Exclusions
      The easy-sort mode is only possible on Repeater/Matrix fields that do not use the "item depth" option.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterEasySort
      https://processwire.com/modules/repeater-easy-sort/
    • By opalepatrick
      Hi, trying to order pages by modified date, date. I can do 'sort=-date_modified, sort=-date' but that will always put the modified date first regardless of actual date order. I just want to coalesce the two fields and sort. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    • By DV-JF
      Hey all, hope you're feeling well these days!
      Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?
      Long explanation:
      Currently I am in the process of programming a reusable template and often have to copy several fields & templates from different PW installations into my "master version".
      Therefore it would be good to see already in the field list when the last modification has taken place.
      Stay healthy & don't forget to wash you hands - many greets!
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi everyone 🙌
      Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …
      ( time passes … ⏰ 🚶‍♂️)
      Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.
      Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?
    • By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?