Hey @Robin S - weird bug when editing a language page:

image.png.78a881b4c6a4b81c2eed7c6444c2dadc.png

PS - same goes for:  Admin > Access > Users and I expect probably anything else that isn't a "normal" page.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, adrian said:

weird bug when editing a language page

Thanks, should be fixed in v0.1.4.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robin S said:

Thanks, should be fixed in v0.1.4.

Looks to be working great here - thanks!

• Like 1

Hey Robin - I am really loving this module - it's becoming one of my key navigation tools, so thank you!

This might be feature creep so I definitely won't mind if you don't think this is a good idea, but I was thinking an "Add New" link at the top of each list could be quite useful.

• Like 2

v0.1.6 released - introduces a feature for adding a new sibling page, as requested above by Adrian.

2018-09-06_102418.png.ea11157a4f5c5b6fda79f47d6700d424.png

• Like 4

Awesome thanks so much - this is really speeding my workflow up today.

• Like 3

Hey @Robin S - any reason why the find siblings method doesn't use "include=all" ?

I am assuming it was just an oversight, but it would be nice to have please.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 9:50 AM, adrian said:

any reason why the find siblings method doesn't use "include=all" ?

Yes, it was an oversight.

As more states need to be indicated in the dropdown items it gets harder to come up with distinguishable and tasteful styles for all of them. I think the hidden and unpublished pages need to use the same styling as in Page List, so that means I've had to change the styling for uneditable pages - these are now indicated by italics and reduced opacity (and the "not-allowed" cursor for devices that support hover).

Other changes introduced in v0.1.7:

• The dropdowns now take $page->listable into account, so non-listable pages do not appear in the dropdowns.
  • There is now a hookable BreadcrumbDropdowns::getSiblings method in case anyone wants to override the listed siblings for a page. This won't be needed in most cases though.
  • Like 1

Just had another thought 🙂

For pages with more than 25 siblings, I wonder if it would be worth putting the current page in the middle of the list of options, with 12 before and 12 after. At the moment, if the page being edited is beyond the first 25 it doesn't show in the list and so there is no way to access pages on either side of the current one.

I think this is fairly efficient:

public function ___getSiblings($page) {
        $numSiblings = $page->parent->numChildren();
        $start = $numSiblings > 25 ? ($page->index - 12 > 0 ? $page->index - 12 : 0) : 0;
        while($numSiblings - $start < 25) $start--;
        $siblings = $page->siblings("start=$start, limit=25, include=all");
        $siblings->filter("listable=1");
        return $siblings;
    }

Instead of this where you can't see page "27" in the list:

image.png.b4e28caaec0dc30e45adfc267a39b311.png

you now get this with it right in the middle:

image.png.c6c9b15b78002df51899b53a7fee42dc.png

You probably need to do some more testing to make sure there are no issues with sorting. Maybe the selector needs: sort=sort

Did some testing here and it seems to be working great.

• Like 3

Sorry, just updated above to make sure $start is not less than 0

One more update to handle when you're close to the end of the siblings. There might be a better way to do this - this was just what came to mind quickly 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adrian said:

For pages with more than 25 siblings, I wonder if it would be worth putting the current page in the middle of the list of options, with 12 before and 12 after.

Great idea, thanks! Added in v0.1.8.

• Like 3

v0.1.10 released. Fulfilling a request by @adrian, if the currently edited page has children or the user may add children, a caret at the end of the breadcrumbs reveals a dropdown of up to the first 25 children and/or an "Add New" link.

2018-09-14_122245.png.c96005626bae59aacdf75b21e77f5c18.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Robin S said:

v0.1.10 released. Fulfilling a request by @adrian, if the currently edited page has children or the user may add children, a caret at the end of the breadcrumbs reveals a dropdown of up to the first 25 children and/or an "Add New" link.

2018-09-14_122245.png.c96005626bae59aacdf75b21e77f5c18.png

Awesome - thank you!

v0.1.11 released.

Thanks to a pull request from @adrian, this update wraps the last breadcrumb item in a link to the page tree (like the other breadcrumb items) and also standardises the page tree links so they always include an "open" parameter to load the tree opened to the clicked page. This is a change from the core breadcrumbs, which treats the link on parent breadcrumb item differently. There is discussion on this topic here: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/22

My opinion is that the breadcrumb tree links should be treated consistently, and if you want to go back to the page tree in its last state you can click the ProcessWire logo or "Pages" or "Pages > Tree" in the main admin menus.

• Like 2

Hey @Robin S - looks like there is a bug when you're editing an unpublished page - it ends up messing up the $start value for the siblings selector so I end up with a list of pages that are nowhere near the page I am editing.

Let me know if you can't reproduce and I'll see if I can figure out the problem later.

22 minutes ago, adrian said:

Hey @Robin S - looks like there is a bug when you're editing an unpublished page - it ends up messing up the $start value for the siblings selector so I end up with a list of pages that are nowhere near the page I am editing

Thanks, seems like a core issue with Page::index(): https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/751

Will see if I can find a workaround for the short term.

• Like 1

@adrian, I've added a substitute getPageIndex() method to the module so the issue should be fixed in v0.1.12. Probably not as efficient as the core Traversal methods but should be okay unless you have a massive number of siblings.

• Like 2

Thanks @Robin S - really appreciate the quick fix. I actually have ~5000 siblings and it still seems to be working ok.

• Like 3

@Robin S Thanks a lot for this module.

Is it possible to show also custom page list names?

i.e. if I define in my template to use certain fields for page list

{title} {client_name} {pl_active_only} {year}

(edit template > tab "advanced")

I still only see the default title being displayed.

• Like 1

Just now, dragan said:

@adrian Thanks a lot for this module.

I think you mean @Robin S 🙂