Sten

How to access to fields value

Hi,

I have a lot of difficulties with getting a field value.
First I created a template, inside I created several fields
two fields are a dropdown select box So I have a value and a label for each line.

Then I want to get the field value in _init.php or in the template to display it. How can I get the value of a field for the page ? I need to understand the flow through which data goes.
Could someone help me ?

Thank you

Why don't you use a pagefield?

It's as simple as using $page->fieldname (inside the template).

In _init.php, you would use $pages->get(123)->fieldname, where 123 is the id of the page your field lives in.

If you have multiple instead of single values, you would have to loop through them, but that's easy as well.

Thank you Dragan,

I do that then i want to transform data to display in my template :

$view->set('categorie',${"cats_".$lang}[$page->cat]);

Here I have an array for each language. $page->cat displays an integer, I tested it. If I replace $page->cat with an integer to test, it works but with the expression as a key, it does not work.

This article has helped me. It's still incomplete (commented at the end) but I think there is enough information to solve the issue.

• Like 1

Thank you Rick, your tip helped me much. I used

$page->cat->id;

Now it works 🙂

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gregory
      Hi guys. I need to create a field (link field) that allows me to select the internal pages to use as links. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
    • By Hubris
      Hi there!
      I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:
      $pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}"); Which dynamically does something like: 
      $pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental"); Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.
      Why is this and how can I fix it?
    • By JeevanisM
      Hi All,
      I am trying to build a PW website upon the  HTML design as shown here : https://bit.ly/2HxZbwr
      As you can see,  I use a repeated block to display a divider between sections on the page, its an image background-text on top. The screenshot is here :
      Now, I created a new field for this block content and attach that field to my Home Page template. But in HTML design, I used this block in two places, on on top side, and one on the footer. Now, when I do it in PW, can I use one same field multiple times in a single page template ? I have read this thread about using fields in efficient way, but I could not figure out, how to use same field multiple times in a page template.

I hope I did not confused any one with my query, please let me know the correct PW way to achieve  this.

thanks
      Jeevz

• By louisstephens
      Hopefully this is the right place, if not, please move it to the proper sub. I installed the multi language module on my development (sandbox) set up not too long ago to test out a few things. From the start, I ran into some issues with dependencies not being met/installed, so I thought that I would simply just uninstall what had been. Unfortunately, that took me down a road of using some code in my home template to remove the modules (cant find it at the moment). After some struggling, I finally got it uninstalled, but it left behind 3 fields,
      language language_files language_files_site I thought that I could simply remove them from the languages template and then delete them, but I get the following error:

I was wondering, is there a way to remove these using the api? I couldn't add any new users to the setup until I made "language" not required, but I was hoping to just remove all of the fields.
    • By anderson
      Hi all,
      I'm a new to website building. Learned some CRASH course of js,jquery,php. Then I found CMS. Still learning around forum, youtube....
      Anyway, please help me with some beginer questions:
      1, About template - please correct me if I understand wrong : every page should be (or recommended) built on a template. So if in total I'll have 10 pages, 2 of them have same layout, I'll need 9 templates.  And, what fields a page includes, is not defined in page, but defined in the template that page uses. 
      2,  Where to see what modules I've installed? is it in "Modules - Site"? 
      3, I installed "PageTable Extended", then what?  As in a youtube tutorial, it should appear in Setup tab, but it doesn't.  What's in there: templates,fields,logs,comments. (I installed "Uikit 3 site_blog profile".)
      4, I did a search in Processwire website for the famous "repeater matrix" module, and can not find it, there's a Repeater, as well as a Matrix. Is it not a module?
      5, I watched this youtube tuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqnLQy9R1A
      Anybody familiar with this tuts please help: 
      After he analysed a target webpage layout he wanted to mimic, he created some fields, some template, then based on those he created a page and input some "content" in there, then clicked "view", it's just some text. So, here comes my question, he copied a folder "assets" (subfolders are: css,fonts,js,img) over, then the page have the appearance/layout he wanted to mimic. Where does that assets folder come from?
      Appreciate any help.