Processwire in restaurant

roderigo

Hello I am like processwire, nice family here welcome. Project I am working for my restaurant need online order system where customer select items for pickup. Don't need to payment, customer can pay at register in where Maryla can handle this . Customer select many of my food items, enter name/email and submit/checkout. Email go to Jeffry (Maryla's son my cook) and also to customer. Jeffry prepare order and 30 minutes customer may pick up hot and fresh food. Processwire good for setting this up it seems, but how best to start? Is there tutorial similar?

Thank you,

Roderogo Sosa

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Welcome to the forums Roderigo. You may want to check out Form Builder, which might accomplish a lot of what you are looking for here, and pretty easily. Though you can also do it without, but it would involve more traditional HTML form building. Either way ,I think you'll be happy with ProcessWire as a foundation for your needs.

• Like 1

Thank you my friends. I will consider this forum builder with Processwire to see. Let me tell you more what want to do. We want to have "new media" and "interactive". Customer will go to website and see menu:

CMbxz.jpg

Then customer click on item to drag to sombrero:

mexicansombrero-375.jpg

Customer click "check out" once fill sombrero with selecions. They put in email and submit.

After submit, as special promotion, customer see "after hours" photo of Maryla as thank you screen. Customer pick up food in 30 minutos.

Can forum builder handle this new media interactive? Jeffry says "flash" to use, but I read EXML is best and I know Processwire is good?

Thank you,

Roderigo Sosa

• Like 2

All those things will have to be handled with javascript... the cms will be doing only background work here. I mean, the real form will have to be hidden, and filled dynamically by javascript. Have a look at jQuery ui draggable and droppable to know what I'm talking about.

http://jqueryui.com/droppable/

Do you mind if I ask who will make this website?

• Like 1

Excellent Mr Diogo, thanks you. Company that design menu (Spatchcock) do web design and photography and Jeffry and I help develop. I will have look at the jqueery and UI dragpile. Many more question but customer here so will come back another soon.

Cheers and thanks you,

Roderigo Sosa