Language Page Edit Permissions - Problem with creating new Pages

Orkun

Hi Guys

I am writing this topic to help others who also encountered this problem.

Two days ago our customer wanted to have new Roles for their Translators. The new Users / Roles shouldn't have write access to the default language (german) tab of the multilanguage fields but for all other languages (french and english) they should have it. So I made a little research and found Language Page Edit Permission. I created three new permissions (page-edit-lang-default, page-edit-lang-en, page-edit-lang-fr). I gave this new language permissions to all of my other roles in the system which had page-edit permissions. After that I created a new "translator" role and gave it only the page-edit-lang-en & page-edit-lang-fr permissions. And it worked out great. The Translator Users could only edit the french and english tab of the multilanguage fields. So far so good.

But after 1 day I got a call of one of the customers employees (editors role). They said, that they couldn't create any pages anymore. So I looked into the related role and template permissions and all looked good. So after some trial and error I found out the solution. The Parent Page -> Template (where normally the new created pages are living) needs also edit permissions and not only "add children" permission if you have installed language page edit permissions, so that the users can create pages again.

I'dont know if this is a bug or if it's intend to be so. I was using Processwire Version 2.7.2.

Greetings

Orkun