joshuag

Designme - Visually Layout Your Edit Screens - Preview

11 hours ago, Robin S said:

When removing a field from Page Edit, is the user removing that field from the associated template? Does that happen on the fly or Is there some sort of "Apply" step that happens at the end with the normal warnings about the loss of data that will occur? If it happens on the fly is there an undo feature? I'd be a bit nervous about accidentally clicking on the field remove button otherwise.

It's happening on the fly. You are right, lot's of potential for destruction or accidents. I have double confirmation on deletes, but I keep turning it off because I am adding and removing a million fields every day. I will post an example in the next video. It's pretty un-intrusive, but adds the protection. Good catch 😉

(also, thanks for the help with showing empty fieldsets. As you can see in the video, it worked out quite nicely).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, adrianmak said:

Pls add permission for drag n drop

Yes, Designme has a custom permission that you can choose to add to a role. 

• Like 5

This looks really, reeally great. Would be an incredibly powerful addition to ProcessWire. Can I sign up for beta-testing? 🙂

@Youbility Sure, no problem. As soon as I get a few more things done I'll be sending out some copies 🙂 

@elabx@joshuag Are you still planning on releasing the module? It would be a pity and a huge loss if such an awesome module would never see the light of the day. If you currently lack the time to continue on the module maybe you could publish it along with a list of things that still need to be done? I would gladly work on completing it.

• Like 1

@MrSnoozles and everyone!

This project is certainly halted at the moment and we are discussing what to do with it. We have not publish because one of our original intentions was to make it a Pro module. We still need to clear our heads from work and decide what to do.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hey Eduardo. Thank you a lot for the honest status update. It's nice to read something about the module again and get some insights why there wasn't an update in a while.
I (and probably many others in this community) would love to get my hands on the module. The teaser videos looked just too awesome. For me it definitely looks polished and powerful enough to be a sold as a Pro module.👍 But if you lack the time and resources to support it at the moment, I'm sure the community would be infinitely grateful if you just released it as is.

• Like 2

Hi @Jens Martsch - dotnetic Almost a year later and still in the same situation, @joshuag jumped ship on this project and I'm full of client work 😩. I know it looks awesome but I it's still far from being good enough for release 😕

I seriously get the impostor syndrom when I see all the awesome users we all know, releasing amazing modules every now and then with such amazing quality, how do you guys do it?!  Need to level up 😥

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@elabx Don't give up. It also took me a long time to work on ModulesManager 2 because of client work and other stuff. Then I have taken some time just for developing the module and saying "not today" to clients, because I need to finish this important thing that I am developing.

I wanted to have a base so others can give feedback and submit PR's to help me with the module. But that's only an option if you plan to release it as Open Source.

I hope you find the time to work on this again.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, elabx said:

Hi @Jens Martsch - dotnetic Almost a year later and still in the same situation, @joshuag jumped ship on this project and I'm full of client work 😩. I know it looks awesome but I it's still far from being good enough for release 😕

I seriously get the impostor syndrom when I see all the awesome users we all know, releasing amazing modules every now and then with such amazing quality, how do you guys do it?!  Need to level up 😥

Hi @elabx.

Maybe it's an option to find another developer to fill in for Joshuaq? If you are a team again and not alone, maybe this will result in fresh energy?

Also, if you later will release it as paid module, you may be able to follow Jens suggestion, once to block some time only for its development (to get more focused).

So, not easy tasks nor easy decisions. But worth to think it over. 😆

Hi guys, I was very excited for this module, but my life took a huge direction change and I no longer have the time to invest in module development. I am gonna leave the files here. You guys can take it and run. Maybe there might be something useful here. Maybe not. I still think it's a good idea to do drag and drop modal building in PW. So hopefully one day something like that can come to light. I love this community and I love ProcessWire.

Live long and prosper. 
- Joshua

Designme 2.zip

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

On 2/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, joshuag said:

I love this community and I love ProcessWire.

And the community loves you (two). Thank you for releasing the files, I'll definitely have a look into it after holidays. I'm sure it will be tremendously useful and I hope I will find the time to provide some improvements to it. Thank you so much.🤩

• Like 2

This is an amazing project! I tried it works pretty much everything. I really hope that someone with the right knowledge (and here there are many people who have them) can complete and implement it. Anyway I start using it right now!

Really thank you @joshuag for this module!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      TrelloWire
      This is a module that allows you to automatically create Trello cards for ProcessWire pages and update them when the pages are updated. This allows you to setup connected workflows. Card properties and change handling behaviour can be customized through the extensive module configuration. Every action the module performs is hookable, so you can modify when and how cards are created as much as you need to. The module also contains an API-component that makes it easy to make requests to the Trello API and build your own connected ProcessWire-Trello workflows.
      Features
      All the things the module can do for you without any custom code: Create a new card on Trello whenever a page is added or published (you can select applicable templates). Configure the target board, target list, name and description for new cards. Add default labels and checklists to the card. Update the card whenever the page is updated (optional). When the status of the card changes (published / unpublished, hidden / unhidden, trashed / restored or deleted), move the card to a different list or archive or delete it (configurable). You can extend this through hooks in many ways: Modifiy when and how cards are created. Modify the card properties (Target board & list, title, description, et c.) before they are sent to Trello. Create your own workflows by utilizing an API helper class with many convenient utility methods to access the Trello API directly. Feedback & Future Plans
      Let me know what you think! In particular:
      If you find any bugs report them here or on Github, I'll try to fix them. This module was born out of a use-case for a client project where we manage new form submissions through Trello. I'm not sure how many use-cases there are for this module. If you do use it, tell me about it! The Trello API is pretty extensive, I'll try to add some more helper methods to the TrelloWireApi class (let me know if you need anything in particular). I'll think about how the module can support different workflows that include Twig – talk to me if you have a use-case! Next steps could be a dashboard to manage pages that are connected to a Trello card, or a new section in the settings tab to manage the Trello connection. But it depends on whether there is any interest in this 🙂 Links
      Repository on Github Complete module documentation (getting started, configuration & API documentation) [Module directory pending approval] Module configuration

• By MoritzLost
      Process Cache Control
      This module provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Clear the ProCache page render cache (if your site is using ProCache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Plans for improvements
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory CHANGELOG in the repository Screenshots

• By Macrura
      PrevNextTabs Module
      Github: https://github.com/outflux3/PrevNextTabs
      Processwire helper modules for adding page navigation within the editor.
      Overview
      This is a very simple module that adds Previous and Next links inline with the tabs on the page editor. Hovering over the tab shows the title of the previous or next page (using the admin's built in jqueryUI tooltips.)
      Usage
      This module is typically used during development where you or your editors need to traverse through pages for the purpose of proofing, flagging and/or commenting. Rather than returning to the page tree or lister, they can navigate with these links.
      Warnings
      If you are using PW version 2.6.1 or later, the system will prevent you from leaving the page if you have unsaved edits.
      For earlier versions, to avoid accidentally losing changes made to a page that might occur if a user accidentally clicks on one of these, make sure to have the Form Save Reminder module installed.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/prev-next-tabs/
    • By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----