Designme - Visually Layout Your Edit Screens - Preview

joshuag

11 hours ago, Robin S said:

When removing a field from Page Edit, is the user removing that field from the associated template? Does that happen on the fly or Is there some sort of "Apply" step that happens at the end with the normal warnings about the loss of data that will occur? If it happens on the fly is there an undo feature? I'd be a bit nervous about accidentally clicking on the field remove button otherwise.

It's happening on the fly. You are right, lot's of potential for destruction or accidents. I have double confirmation on deletes, but I keep turning it off because I am adding and removing a million fields every day. I will post an example in the next video. It's pretty un-intrusive, but adds the protection. Good catch ?

(also, thanks for the help with showing empty fieldsets. As you can see in the video, it worked out quite nicely).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@elabx@joshuag Are you still planning on releasing the module? It would be a pity and a huge loss if such an awesome module would never see the light of the day. If you currently lack the time to continue on the module maybe you could publish it along with a list of things that still need to be done? I would gladly work on completing it.

• Like 1

@MrSnoozles and everyone!

This project is certainly halted at the moment and we are discussing what to do with it. We have not publish because one of our original intentions was to make it a Pro module. We still need to clear our heads from work and decide what to do.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Hey Eduardo. Thank you a lot for the honest status update. It's nice to read something about the module again and get some insights why there wasn't an update in a while.
I (and probably many others in this community) would love to get my hands on the module. The teaser videos looked just too awesome. For me it definitely looks polished and powerful enough to be a sold as a Pro module.? But if you lack the time and resources to support it at the moment, I'm sure the community would be infinitely grateful if you just released it as is.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hi @Jens Martsch - dotnetic Almost a year later and still in the same situation, @joshuag jumped ship on this project and I'm full of client work ?. I know it looks awesome but I it's still far from being good enough for release ?

I seriously get the impostor syndrom when I see all the awesome users we all know, releasing amazing modules every now and then with such amazing quality, how do you guys do it?!  Need to level up ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@elabx Don't give up. It also took me a long time to work on ModulesManager 2 because of client work and other stuff. Then I have taken some time just for developing the module and saying "not today" to clients, because I need to finish this important thing that I am developing.

I wanted to have a base so others can give feedback and submit PR's to help me with the module. But that's only an option if you plan to release it as Open Source.

I hope you find the time to work on this again.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, elabx said:

Hi @Jens Martsch - dotnetic Almost a year later and still in the same situation, @joshuag jumped ship on this project and I'm full of client work ?. I know it looks awesome but I it's still far from being good enough for release ?

I seriously get the impostor syndrom when I see all the awesome users we all know, releasing amazing modules every now and then with such amazing quality, how do you guys do it?!  Need to level up ?

Hi @elabx.

Maybe it's an option to find another developer to fill in for Joshuaq? If you are a team again and not alone, maybe this will result in fresh energy?

Also, if you later will release it as paid module, you may be able to follow Jens suggestion, once to block some time only for its development (to get more focused).

So, not easy tasks nor easy decisions. But worth to think it over. ?

Hi guys, I was very excited for this module, but my life took a huge direction change and I no longer have the time to invest in module development. I am gonna leave the files here. You guys can take it and run. Maybe there might be something useful here. Maybe not. I still think it's a good idea to do drag and drop modal building in PW. So hopefully one day something like that can come to light. I love this community and I love ProcessWire.

Live long and prosper. 
- Joshua

Designme 2.zip

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, joshuag said:

I love this community and I love ProcessWire.

And the community loves you (two). Thank you for releasing the files, I'll definitely have a look into it after holidays. I'm sure it will be tremendously useful and I hope I will find the time to provide some improvements to it. Thank you so much.?

• Like 2

This is an amazing project! I tried it works pretty much everything. I really hope that someone with the right knowledge (and here there are many people who have them) can complete and implement it. Anyway I start using it right now!

Really thank you @joshuag for this module!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Heya folks! Just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to properly test this module, and... wow. Amazing work!

It looks like you had a bunch of additional stuff planned, but the features that already are there are very useful, and apart from a few minor glitches the module seemed to work like a charm. While the built-in template editing tools we have in the core are not at all bad, at least for me the workflow with Designme is still a huge improvement ?

At this point I'm mostly curious about what else you might've had in store when you said that the module was "far from being good enough for release". @elabx, care to provide some insight on this? I mean... it feels to me like you could've removed some of the "less "critical" features (widgets, perhaps even the code editor, etc.) and just released the module as-is. I might be missing something important, of course, but that's my impression anyway.

Either way I'm blown away by just how awesome this module is! ?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, teppo said:

care to provide some insight on this?

So I basically meant like I felt it needs a bit more of a well thought structure to make it more maintainable for the future (and I think it had some missing parts? can't remember). I have had to give maintenance to other projects *cough* Recurme *cough*  and although that one was particularly complex, I learned my lesson that I definitely don't want to release MVP's that turn into a pain to maintain later just for the sake of getting it out there, I might be just wrong of course. (joshua always insisted I was too conservative in this aspect haha)

I agree some of the features could be taken off, like the editor and widgets. 

I also remember some bits were missing to make it fully functional at the point we envisioned, I think a bit of stuff with repeaters/repeater matrix, don't remember now honestly but it indeed works for the most part!

6 hours ago, teppo said:

Either way I'm blown away by just how awesome this module is! ?

We really feel it shows a lot of the power ProcessWire "hides"!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just trying out the module below and am getting the error "Call to undefined function _()" on the line

$untaggedLabel = _('Untagged');

I suspect this is something to do with my config, not the module (hence posting it here), as others have installed the module with no problems. Any clues?

Module is

32 minutes ago, MarkE said:

I'm just trying out the module below and am getting the error "Call to undefined function _()" on the line

Namespace issue?? Try adding namespace ProcessWire at the very top

• Like 1