Jump to content

Designme - Visually Layout Your Edit Screens - Preview


joshuag

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tom. said:

Looks very polished. Are the animations very slow or is that the video framerate? Looking great so far! 

it's actually super smooth in real life. I don't know why it looks all jaggy on the video 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, I waited so long for something like this. I think this could push ProcessWire really forward. When do you plan to release? And will it be a paid module or a free one?

Thank you for creating this.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jmartsch said:

Wow, I waited so long for something like this. I think this could push ProcessWire really forward. When do you plan to release? And will it be a paid module or a free one?

Thank you for creating this.

It's coming along quite nicely. I do not have a firm release/completion date yet, although working towards it as fast as possible. As soon as I can I will answer all your questions about Designme. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to show you guys some more features that I didn't include in the preview video. 🙂

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2018 at 2:46 AM, joshuag said:

It's coming along quite nicely. I do not have a firm release/completion date yet, although working towards it as fast as possible. As soon as I can I will answer all your questions about Designme. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to show you guys some more features that I didn't include in the preview video. 🙂

Really nice! Good Job

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been thinking PW could do with something like this for a long time but your implementation is way better than anything I had imagined - great work! 😀

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've been thinking PW could do with something like this for a long time but your implementation is way better than anything I had imagined - great work! 😀

Thanks a lot. I think the biggest challenge so far has been to try to make Designme feel like a natural extension of using PW instead of an additional layer of complexity.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrendonKoz said:

Is it dynamically creating a custom template on-the-fly? Just quickly thinking how it works, though it doesn't really matter. Quite slick indeed.

In this demo video, it is working from the existing 'home' template. All Ajax requests are going directly to the existing ProcessPageEdit url. there are no 'dynamic templates', but very shortly, you will have the ability to create templates on the fly from the page tree and start editing directly in Designme to speedup template/data model creation. So you can start with a completely blank template/editscreen and start throwing in fields as fast as possible. (hope this makes sense). 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dragan said:

Awesome.

I also like @theo's "preview / page-grid" module a lot. I realize they don't do the same stuff, but just imagine if you had both functionalities available!

@dragan & @theo – very interesting concept. Thanks for showing this to me, I hadn't seen it before now. I am excited to see how it evolves. visual building is always very exciting! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dreerr said:

This is 

AMAZING!!!

It will revolutionize Processwire! 

Will this be a commercial module or free of charge?

Thanks 🙂

I will post an update video later today or tomorrow showcasing additional features. I have not decided the best option for releasing this module, but I have some interesting ideas. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joshuag, from the videos I can tell that the work of your team is a masterpiece. It would be great to test the functionality in real whenever you are ready for a release. Keep up the good work. That is why I signed up for ProcessWire - because of its super creative and extremely supportive community.

If you need some testers, you can count on me. I am just starting a new project and a module like yours would help me get more efficient while at the same time I would make sure to report any issues spotted or share ideas of improvement (if any ofcourse 😉 )

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When removing a field from Page Edit, is the user removing that field from the associated template? Does that happen on the fly or Is there some sort of "Apply" step that happens at the end with the normal warnings about the loss of data that will occur? If it happens on the fly is there an undo feature? I'd be a bit nervous about accidentally clicking on the field remove button otherwise.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MilenKo said:

Joshuag, from the videos I can tell that the work of your team is a masterpiece. It would be great to test the functionality in real whenever you are ready for a release. Keep up the good work. That is why I signed up for ProcessWire - because of its super creative and extremely supportive community.

If you need some testers, you can count on me. I am just starting a new project and a module like yours would help me get more efficient while at the same time I would make sure to report any issues spotted or share ideas of improvement (if any ofcourse 😉 )

OK, in the next few days I will send you a copy. Thanks! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...