Backend is loading infinitly

ocr_b

What happens in Processwire when the backend link slug is tryed to be opened in the browser?
Here is the problem:
A clean Processwire installation runs seamlessly on the server.
But with some unknown reason duplicating another Processwire runs into the problem that opening the backend (/processwire) breaks the site.
By duplicating i mean: 1. copying all files from one server to another. 2. exporting the database with phpmyadmin from he old server 3. importing the database with phpmyadmin to the new server
By breaking i mean: 1. It loads and loads and loads and »waits« for the server. No logs in site/assets/logs are updated. 2. If i want to open the root (/) now it now also loads and »waits«. 3. If i delete the sessions in site/assets/sessions the root (/) works again.
We tried to deinstall all modules before the duplication – but this also does not make it.

We thought about that it's weather a Cache or FileComposer problem. But even with every possible permission for every file it does not work.
What would you say is the problem?

Thanks,

ocr_a

I would try and

• clear the browser cache
  • clear PW's cache (everything inside site/assets/cache/)
  • Also use the browser inspector to see something unusual there
  • Find out if the settings and versions on both servers are identical (PHP etc.)
  • Check your server's error logs for hints

Is it endlessly redirecting or just loading? What happens after it? Does it end? If you turn on debug mode?

Delete Modules cache?

What if you install PW on the other server and just import the DB and the site/assets/files site/templates site/modules folders?

Okay, thank you!
I think we already tried to empty all the caches.
But I will give it another spin.
Basically I can remove the complete site/assets/cache + site/assets/logs + site/assets/session folders and PW will cache everything new at the first call of the page, right?

It endlessly waits, so I guess its loading something. It does not end. (or takes 2 hours??). Debug is turned on.
They said they cannot see anything in the server error logs also the pw logs are empty, thats why this is so hard to debug...
My guess is that the file-compiler is not having the right permissions (but they said its 777 for everything) or missing some php functions, or timeout? BUT, a fresh installation works: Maybe file-compiler does not do anything on a new installation?

Strange that it's loading forever? PHP doesn't get involved and timeout? Normally it's 30s.

I would try empty the modules caches table in DB. Back it up first. That's also the modules and FIleCompiler cache.

1 minute ago, Soma said:

Strange that it's loading forever? PHP doesn't get involved and timeout? Normally it's 30s.

I would try empty the modules caches table in DB. Back it up first. That's also the modules and FIleCompiler cache.

1186389778_Screenshot2018-07-0320_47_07.jpg.1b62b96cb604bddfdb143303e0becfe2.jpg

I striped out any filecompiler entry in caches,
I think those have to remain, otherwise Processwire will not know which modules are installed etc?

Will try tomorrow.
Thank you.

Long shot, but I had this recently on the frontend - I was viewing the site via its IP address and I hadn't added this to the allowed hosts in the config.php file yet. As soon as I added, it loaded properly.

• Like 1