Hardlink Backend?

ocr_b

Hi,

Here is the problem:
A client runs a Typo3 Installation.
We installed Processwire in another folder of the server. (its only a one-pager so no subpages)
But the Typo3 Installation catches the /processwire before Processwire does and throws a 404-Error (its styled by Typo3, not PW)

Is there a hard link to the backend, maybe like index.php?it=/processwire (I found it= in the htaccess, but I do not know the meaning of it)
Or anybody has another idea?
(What would a Sys-Admin do in this case?)

Thanks,

ocr_b

You mean the admin / backend page-slug is called processwire? Or is the complete PW-installation in a folder called processwire? You should take a look at PW's .htaccess file (it's very well documented with lots of comments). Is mod_rewrite activated? Perhaps you have to add a rule to Typo3's .htaccess file as well (don't rewrite site.com/processwire).

19 minutes ago, dragan said:

You mean the admin / backend page-slug is called processwire? Or is the complete PW-installation in a folder called processwire? You should take a look at PW's .htaccess file (it's very well documented with lots of comments). Is mod_rewrite activated? Perhaps you have to add a rule to Typo3's .htaccess file as well (don't rewrite site.com/processwire).

1 minute ago, Soma said:

You access /subfolder/processwire/ ? Should work fine as pw htaccess does overwrite any above htaccess.

the backend page-slug is called processwire. (the standard slug)
i can access the home-page, but the backend-page gets a typo3 404-error.
everything is activated, typo3 just takes over.

I think the typo3 .htaccess file is the right direction for now.
What would you change?

16 minutes ago, Tom. said:

You will have to change your typo3 htaccess file. This doesn't really have much to do with ProcessWire. Which one of the htaccess files are you using: 

https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/nc_staticfilecache/2.4.1/ExtStaticFileCache/Configuration/HtaccessConfiguration/Index.html

I will ask their IT-guys.
— Their guess was that the processwire installation is broken because of permissions.
But a new installation locally works totally fine... (with duplicator)

Still: Is there something like a hard link to the backend? 

Thanks alot,

ocr_a

21 minutes ago, ocr_b said:

Still: Is there something like a hard link to the backend? 

No, there isn't. admin page-slug is the one you defined when you installed PW. However, even if you rename it, your original problem won't be solved.

23 minutes ago, ocr_b said:

I think the typo3 .htaccess file is the right direction for now.
What would you change?

I have never worked with Typo3. Maybe search T3 forums? It would have to be somewhere in this block:

https://github.com/TYPO3/TYPO3.CMS/blob/master/_.htaccess#L256

Is there an option to put those 2 CMS installs side-by-side? Why put one inside the other? That's always a bad idea imho.

7 minutes ago, dragan said:

No, there isn't. admin page-slug is the one you defined when you installed PW. However, even if you rename it, your original problem won't be solved.

I thought about something like example.com/wire/core/admin.php with dedicated permissions

1 minute ago, dragan said:

Is there an option to put those 2 CMS installs side-by-side? Why put one inside the other? That's always a bad idea imho.

I have no idea how their file system works and why typo3 takes over every routing.
But it's good to know that you guys see the problem more on the typo3 side.

Thanks,

ocr_a

If you install PW in a subfolder there you have the PW htaccess so you should be able to access /thesubfolder/processwire/ just fine. If typo3 has rules to folders that exists, it would be wrong. I don't see anything in the typo3 htaccess that does that.

Edit: Oh my 6666's post ?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Soma said:

If you install PW in a subfolder there you have the PW htaccess so you should be able to access /thesubfolder/processwire/ just fine. If typo3 has rules to folders that exists, it would be wrong. I don't see anything in the typo3 htaccess that does that.

Edit: Oh my 6666's post ?

I found similar problems with Typo3 and Wordpress in a Subfolder:
(for example here, german: https://www.typo3.net/forum/thematik/zeige/thema/92162/)
I think the setup is the following – i do not have insights in their file system:

root: Typo3 with htaccess
root/subfolder: PW with htaccess

url to base:
example.com

url to subfolder:
example.com/subfolder — works because it has its own htaccess
example.com/subfolder/processwire — does not work, because /subfolder/processwire does not exist physically. as of this the main typo3 htaccess at example.com gets the routing, because its prior to the htaccess in /subfolder.

solving (not tested yet):
prevent the typo3 htaccess from taking over the /subfolder:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(subfolder) 

does this makes sense?
does anybody here is more versatile in htaccess issues than me? — where to I have to put the rewritecond, at the beginning?

Thanks,
ocr_a

ps. congrats @Soma!

Sure. Makes sense. But I cannot test it, because my PW installation does not have any (sub)pages, but only the homepage, it is a one-pager. So /processwire backend is the only page I tried and need to access.

There is a htaccess file. 
Maybe it's not working – true.

You think it's a permission problem?
Cannot access the clients server anymore, they are »trying out things«. 
I'll keep this topic up-to-date.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Soma said:

Edit: can you access /subfolder/site/assets/active.php ?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /2018/site/assets/active.php on this server.