Connection refused error

sam-vital

Hi,

So I'm working on my site, getting round to completing it. I remember that I haven't checked at all what it will be like on other devices, so that's my next task.

I went to the index page and I get hit with this error:

Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused (in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 377) #0 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(209): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #1 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #2 {main} in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.phpon line 64

All I have done from the last code update was change a links target to blank, pushed the update and tested it. Now my site is broken? Went back and changed to the original file and I'm still getting the error.

I really don't understand what has happened. I am an ok {6 months} web developer with this being my first experience of PW.

All help is appreciated 🙂

3 minutes ago, flydev said:

Can be, wrong hostname, wrong MySQL port number, wrong username, wrong password.

Double check your DATABASE connection details and double check your config.php file.

Everything was working beforehand, all I've done is change one file and I get that error. I shall check just to make sure

Check your "/site/config.php" file!

look at the Mysql Database connection parameters, the error message say that the mysql database parameters are wrong (or your sql server config 😉 )

-> the sql server refuses the connection... 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By JeevanisM
      Hi,
      I have installed 1 year old project backup into the new latest PW version. I used an earlier backup(taken in August 2020) and installed such as :
      1. I downloaded the latest (ProcessWire 3.0.185 dev © 2021) then extracted into htdocs 2. copy pasted the site-profile from my backup. (this has the files/folders same as other site profiles, classic, beginner etc) 3. I chose my backup site profile and installed 4. I am able to login the admin panel  5. My fronted home page shows error as below  Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'page_path_history.language_id' in 'field list' (in wire/modules/PagePathHistory.module line 752) #0 wire/modules/PagePathHistory.module (752): PDOStatement->execute() #1 wire/core/PagesPathFinder.php (1014): PagePathHistory->getPathInfo('/', Array) #2 wire/core/PagesPathFinder.php (222): PagesPathFinder->getPathHistory('/') #3 wire/core/PagesRequest.php (255): PagesPathFinder->get('/', Array) #4 wire/core/Wire.php (414): PagesRequest->___getPage() #5 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___getPage', Array) #6 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(PagesRequest), 'getPage', Array) #7 wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module (10 This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

so I removed the line where its selecting language_id from the file wire/modules/PagePathHistory.module line 752
      But this is an ugly fix, so is there any other proper fix for this issue ? Does any one experience same issue when trying to install from a backup site profile ? 

thanks

• By spercy16
      I was hoping to be able to do this entirely in PHP but was having all kind of issues getting it to see my values as numbers instead of strings (got error messages because my PW debugging is currently set to true). I currently have about 10 cards that PW is generating that include thumbnails, descriptions, donation amounts (raised amounts and goal amounts), and donate buttons. What I was trying to do was take the goal amount divide it by the raised amount (using PHP) and simply insert that value into the Progress element's Value attribute. Sounded simple enough but I couldn't get PHP to simply divide those two fields. First I tried dividing the goal value by the raised value and inserting it into the value attribute, like so:
      <? php $raised = $page->get("raisedAmount$count"); $goal = $page->get("goalAmount$count"); $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum; ?> <progress value="<?php echo $percent; ?>" max="100"></progress> Which gave me this error message:
      Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string / string
      Then I tried converting the two strings to integers because apparently PHP couldn't detect they were numbers and do it, like so:
      <?php $raised = $page->get("raisedAmount$count"); $goal = $page->get("goalAmount$count"); $goalNum = (int) $goal; $raisedNum = (int) $raised; if ($raisedNum != 0) : $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum; else: $percent = 0; endif; ?> <progress value="<?php echo $percent; ?>" max="100"></progress> but all of the progress bars remain at zero percent (not shown), even when I have values in some of the $raised variables.
      Please note, if I add this code:
      <?php echo $percent; ?> below the Progress element, it shows 0 on every single card, so the $percent is never calculated (as per the $percent = $goalNum / $raisedNum;) even though $raisedNum should not equal 0 during that iteration of the loop (the original code includes a loop, which I omitted to keep the code sections above smaller, notice the $count at the end of the $raised and $goal variable declarations). When the loop goes over "raisedAmount1" there is a value in there; however, after typecasting it to an integer ($raisedNum) the value is 0 for someodd reason instead of 40,000, which is what is in the $raisedAmount1 field in Processwire...
      I'm new to relatively new to PHP and Processwire and could really use some help on this one. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
    • By SwimToWin
      I have a nested page structure that fails for users without superuser permissions:
      Works for superusers / non-superusers:
          - foo
          -- bar
          --- page (status: published)
          ---- page (status: published)
      Fails for non-superusers (Works for superusers):
          - foo
          -- bar
          ---- page (status: published)
          --- page (status: unpublished <- apparently the template structure fails when there's one unpublished page)
      Template:
      <?php foreach ($page->children('include=all') as $p): #Fails for non-superusers ?> <?=$p->render()?> <?php endforeach; ?>     a) Works for non-superusers when I grant Page Edit permissions (on the template) to their assigned role/s.
          b) When I remove 'include=all' or 'include=unpublished' then it also works for non-superusers:
      <?php foreach ($page->children() as $p): #Works for non-superusers ?> <?=$p->render()?> <?php endforeach; ?> Error message (non-superusers)
          Internal Server Error
              The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
              Error has been logged.
          /www/site/assets/logs/errors.txt
              /foo/bar/baz/    Error:     Exception: Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable.
          /www/site/assets/logs/exceptions.txt
              /foo/bar/baz/    Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable. (in /wire/modules/PageRender.module line 410)
      Debug (non-superusers)
          Error: Exception: Page '/foo/bar/baz/quz/' is not currently viewable. (in wire/modules/PageRender.module line 410)
          #0 wire/core/Wire.php (397): PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))
          #1 wire/core/WireHooks.php (823): Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
          #2 wire/core/Wire.php (465): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
          #3 wire/core/WireHooks.php (924): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
          #4 wire/core/Wire.php (465): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(Page), 'render', Array)
          #5 site/templates/template.php (191): Wire->__call('render', Array)

• By FireWire
      Hey all. I'm having an issue with the new custom page classes feature which is a fantastic tool.
      I am running into a recursion issue when attempting to call a custom page class. I have a class called BlogPostPage.php (for blog-post.php) which contains a method called getSummary(). That method gets a summary field or truncates the body in it's absence. I've attached photos of the template code, custom page class code (which I've simplified for testing), and the PW output error.
      There is no recursion in the getSummary() method. This error occurs whether I output multiple blog posts in a loop or if I output one blog post with no looping in my template code.

In use:
      ProcessWire 3.0.164 dev
      PHP 7.3.13

I am also using the Template Engine Twig module which has not caused any errors or issues thus far.
      Many thanks!

• By neonwired
      I'm hoping someone has seen this before. There doesn't appear to be an issue with the user info.