Connection refused error

sam-vital

Hi,

So I'm working on my site, getting round to completing it. I remember that I haven't checked at all what it will be like on other devices, so that's my next task.

I went to the index page and I get hit with this error:

Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused (in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 377) #0 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(209): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #1 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #2 {main} in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.phpon line 64

All I have done from the last code update was change a links target to blank, pushed the update and tested it. Now my site is broken? Went back and changed to the original file and I'm still getting the error.

I really don't understand what has happened. I am an ok {6 months} web developer with this being my first experience of PW.

All help is appreciated ?

3 minutes ago, flydev said:

Can be, wrong hostname, wrong MySQL port number, wrong username, wrong password.

Double check your DATABASE connection details and double check your config.php file.

Everything was working beforehand, all I've done is change one file and I get that error. I shall check just to make sure

Check your "/site/config.php" file!

look at the Mysql Database connection parameters, the error message say that the mysql database parameters are wrong (or your sql server config ? )

-> the sql server refuses the connection...