How to optimize the admin panel which has large number of pages

Mirza

Hi, Awesome's,

I am writing this post since I am facing the issue of performing slow admin panel.

Let me give a background, we have 40+ people adding content into the admin panel, we have pages around 1.5 million.

When people working all together in this system, we are facing the slow performance or PHP(fpm) consumption is getting higher.

Please give me any suggestions, on how to optimize an admin panel to accommodate 1.5 Million pages or more.

1. Use Opcache to cache raw PHP
  2. Update your PHP version 
  3. Use ListerPro to customize your listings, so you will use fewer server resources to list pages for every user. 
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mirza said:

we have 40+ people adding content into the admin panel, we have pages around 1.5 million.

On such a large site I reckon it would be worth investing in some professional advice.

https://processwire.com/api/modules/profiler-pro/

Besides the tool itself there is the valuable benefit of VIP support from Ryan:

Here to help you

I often find myself in the position of helping people locate and fix bottlenecks on websites and applications, and this tool is something I've always wished I had. While ProfilerPro is a tool to identify issues, the support board is dedicated to helping users analyze, fix and optimize performance issues. When you purchase ProfilerPro, you are purchasing a helpful support service with the ProcessWire core developer to help you use the tool and isolate and resolve bottlenecks. So ProfilerPro not only helps you find the bottlenecks, but provides the support to assist you in resolving them and develop more efficiently in ProcessWire.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.

* We have already enabled the opcode.

* We are using PHP 7.2.6 already.

* Also, We have paid lister pro people are using it already.

* We have used ProCache also, but not much help.

* Our server Process Memory is going high as 2.5GB, Can you please advice/suggest us how to optimize.

* Our Db health is good.

* Php-fpm process memory is going high.

@Robin S We are not using any website against this, it's just a centralized data so Profiler will not help us.

This system will just import from JSON and export to JSON using cronjobs. We have also the paid profiler as well, but not helpful.

Is there any module where I can monitor processes running currently?

Appreciate your support on this.

Thanks in advance.

56 minutes ago, Mirza said:

it's just a centralized data so Profiler will not help us

But what I'm saying is that Profiler has a dedicated pro support board where you can get optimisation advice from Ryan, the creator of ProcessWire. Nobody knows more about optimising PW than him.

• Like 2