Subset of pages

mel47

Hi

Need advices before changing everything on my website. I need to add a different "zone" on the website. This subset of pages have a independent menu and banner. How I can distinguish pages from zone 1 to zone 2? It couldn't be by template, since some are common. I was thinking adding a simple checkbox to manually allocate the parent page, but I'm not sure what will happen to the hundred children pages. If I select the parent pages, does the children will also be selected? Or do I will to checked the checkbox for each of them everytime?

Home
  Page1 - checkbox:zone1, templateA
  Page 2- checkbox:zone 2, templateB
      +++children  ?, templateC
  Page3 - checkbox: zone2, templateA
     ++children?, templateA

Or does it something else? Something similar to field tagging but for pages?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand the whole scenario/setup... You should tell us more about the "big picture". What exactly is the "zone" you are talking about? What (or where) does that "zone" get defined? Per branch, or on a per-page basis?

• Like 1

Zone is maybe not the better word, sorry. To simplify, let's say section: internal (for the people from the organisation) vs website (for general public). On home page, you choose between those 2 sections by a button.

It's per-page (parent and its children) and it's mutually exclusive (meaning pageA will not be in the 2 sections). But I don't know the better way to assign a page (and its children) to the section.

11 hours ago, mel47 said:

To simplify, let's say section: internal (for the people from the organisation) vs website (for general public)

I also don't get your setup ? Have you thought of doing the internal part in the PW backend and the public part in the PW frontend?