adrian

Cookie Management Banner

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the silence on this thread. This module is now generously being managed and updated by @wbmnfktr - I have updated the modules directory entry to point to his fork. I am sure he will be able to better support and improve this module than I can.

• Like 6

@adrian Just a thought, could you go into GH and update your readme to point to the new code under @wbmnfktr's account and also your GH repo to "Archived"?

Many thanks for the work you've put into this BTW.

• Like 4

First of all... thank you @adrian for the introduction and the great work with this module.

In the last couple of days I created a DEV branch with some minor changes and fixes I found while testing the latest version (0.4.11).
If you are interested in playing around with that version, grab a copy over at Github - the DEV branch is linked below. As always: backup your site and previous module first.

All changes so far:

• FIXED: Vanilla JS version notice toggle didn't work when MANAGE disabled
  • FIXED: Version change didn't trigger reset
  • INFO: Added usage examples (assets/html)
  • CHANGED: Removed CLOSE option
  • ADDED: Datalayer details to README

Issue tracking on Github was also enabled. This could make things easier in the future. Feel free to open an issue there whenever you find a bug. Don't forget to add the obvious details (ProcessWire version, PHP version, expected behaviour, your module settings and custom code).

DEV-Branch
https://github.com/webmanufaktur/CookieManagementBanner/tree/dev

Issues
https://github.com/webmanufaktur/CookieManagementBanner/issues

• Like 9

For those having access to the premium area of erecht24, here is an intersting information update after the last EUGH decisons:
https://www.e-recht24.de/mitglieder/updates/eugh-urteile-cookies-einwilligung-google-analytics/
The world gets more complicated every day and I think the cookie managers too.

Small comments:

• Clicking "accept" was an agreement - so when opening the popup again later, the agreed checkbox could be pre-sected? Or better not?
  • I tried revoking rights, but the Google "GA" cookie is still present. Is deactivating the script enough, musn't there also the Google Tag Manager cookie removed?A
  • lso I can save "no" decision (no checkbox selected). I wonder what that means for the decision taken...

I compared this with a WordPress cookie manager and found 2 nice ideas:

• There a simple counter of how many people opt out.
  • There are 2 links in the pop up under the "Accept" buttons in the right corner: Impressum and Privacy. So in case those madatory links get covered by the popup, those page are still easily accessible.

Thank you @ceberlin for the link. I just looked into the article and will take a look at the tools they provide and how they work - hopefully this week.

12 hours ago, ceberlin said:

There are 2 links in the pop up under the "Accept" buttons in the right corner: Impressum and Privacy. So in case those madatory links get covered by the popup, those page are still easily accessible.

Those can easily be set in the texts you already show in the banner. That's how I do it most of the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Those can easily be set in the texts you already show in the banner. That's how I do it most of the time.

I do, too. But I thought having the links placed UNDER the Confirm buttons makes more sense? And using a PW selector for the pages takes besser care that the links do not break on changes. (Text links are easily overlooked ?)