Trying to figure out correct structure for Project

blkhd

Hello everyone, first of all, thank you for such a great community!

I am currently trying to figure out how to structure a certain project the best way.

I've built the tree structure to look like:

nice-festival
  |__nice-festival_2017
        |__home
        |__schedule
        |__more-stuff
  |__nice-festival_2018
        |__home
        |__schedule
        |__more-stuff
  |__nice-festival_2019
        |__home
        |__schedule
        |__more-stuff
... and so on

In this case 'nice-festival' should redirect to its child, the current festival-page (nice-festival_2018), making it the website root.
This way it would be possible for me and my team to work on future redesigns and content updates while still providing the website of the current/last festival to the public.
When everything is ready for the new website to be published I would just edit the redirect to f.e. 'nice-festival_2019'.

In terms of url-structure it's supposed to look like this, no matter which year selected:
www.nice-festival.de/
www.nice-festival.de/schedule
www.nice-festival.de/more-stuff

I'm not coming from a backend background so please feel free to criticise my idea if it seems overly complicated or just doesn't make much sense concerning the database.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers
Thomas

I don't know if you know it but - this is the most awesome guide to check your backendstructure in processwire:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3579-tutorial-approaches-to-categorising-site-content/

21 minutes ago, blkhd said:
In terms of url-structure it's supposed to look like this, no matter which year selected:
www.nice-festival.de/
www.nice-festival.de/schedule
www.nice-festival.de/more-stuff

For this one URL segments are to way to go...so you don't depend your frontend URL's on the pagetree...i use this often in "flat" pagetrees...

for example a small blog - all articles under one parent - but a archive like navigation is needed or a nav with categories...so i can provide them with some URL segments on the overview-page example:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/9476-new-project-a-nice-growing-kindergarten/?tab=comments#comment-91259

best regards mr-fan

• Like 3