360° feedback/survey tool

bernhard

mockup_360.800x0.png

https://www.baumrock.com/portfolio/hrdiamonds-360-feedback-tool/

This tool was developed for the vienna based HR company hrdiamonds.com. They can create projects for their clients, setup the feedback architecture, choose from a library of competences and create their very own surveys and provide highly customized services for their clients.

Highlights:

• Everything multilingual (EN/DE)
    multilang.gif

• PDF reports with custom designs, table of contents, page numbers, importable custom pdfs (annex, written in MS Word, so they have perfect freedom and ease of use) and of course: pretty charts (done by chart.js):
    sample-report.496x0-is.png

• Scalable and nice UI by RockGrid+batcher in several custom process modules:
    reports.gif

• Automatic multilingual e-mails with several variables:
    mail.894x0-is.png

• Another example of RockGrid: Customizable groupings of feedback-roles (there have to be at least 3 feedbacks per role so they need to have the possibility of aggregating different feedbacks-roles).
    groups.gif

This project was online for some time already but I ported it from RockDatatables to RockGrid which I plan to release in the next days.

If anybody is interested in using/reselling this tool feel free to contact me via PM ? 

• Like 18

10 hours ago, Sergio said:

This is very impressive! Excellent job @bernhard!!

Could you detail more about the PDF generation? Library used, how the custom design was made, how you control widows / orphans etc. Thank you!

Thx Sergio, sure I'm happy to share some insights.

The library is mPdf (version 7) https://mpdf.github.io/ and I created a little helper module and just set it to public if anyone is interested:

The custom design is just a regular PDF done by a designer and it is then imported into the pdf as needed (see line one in the next screenshot). My helper module provides a possibility to create only the HTML (not the pdf) so debugging is a lot easier:

2018-06-22--11-02-46.png.9e5c23afa1cb97dc13a505943c213f9a.png

This is the result. The second logo would be the logo of the actual client of course...

2018-06-22--11-19-25.thumb.png.d027ef62b52963a81fb5146f56ab86e0.png

CSS is done with LESS, so it is easy to style and modify variables. LESS is compiled via AIOM on the fly without the need of any other compilers/setup.

widows/orphans are controlled by a .nopagebreak class that can be applied so some blocks that should stay together:

2018-06-22--11-07-21.thumb.png.4661ece9bf5ede093b5cf69c4e967afd.png

Charts have a fixed size so the amount of text above those charts is limited so that everything stays on one page.

To get the TOC working with the custom design without page numbers etc. was quite tricky but finally it works very well. Also the "annex" feature is very nice, where they can upload a custom PDF without background and page numbers and the text is imported in the document automatically with the correct background and page numbers:

2018-06-22--11-17-05.thumb.png.c8deb5cb9fa61fa024437507d5df4e1b.png

We just created a word-template with the correct colors, fonts and headline sizes and that's it ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1