sam-vital

Beginner Deploying PW Site

Hi,

So I am a complete beginner with PW, just finishing up my first site, and I need to get my site online to do some final testing. Got all the FTP stuff sorted and I'm getting a internal server error when access my domain.

I transferred over all files from processwire-master, and even when I am on local host I get sent to the index of my site, where I then click on processwire-master to be taken to my site.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks!

... and check the contents of the .htaccess file.

There are some comments about this. Search for "500 NOTE" in the .htaccess file.

What about the database? Copied it? appropriate login/password?

• Like 1

The easiest way for you to migrate your site will probably be using an export of your site - a so called site profile.

Please install the module Site Profile Exporter and and create a new export.

Afterwards you can install your exported site on your new host.

Just upload ProcessWire, your site profile and install it as usual.

• Like 2

It's indeed an awesome module.

But to be honest... in my opinion it's a module for advanced (ProcessWire) users.

There are a few steps to be taken and you have to have some more routine in installing and handling ProcessWire instances.

9 minutes ago, dragan said:

Moving a PW site is a breeze, even without any special tools. Here's how: https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/installation-moving-and-troubleshooting/

I would love to agree but I can't in this special case.

For a developer with some years of experience and knowledge this should be a no-brainer. Absolutely true.

But for those who just started with (web) development and have all their database stuff in phpMyAdmin it might be not.

• Like 1

Clean cache and sessions and then it is as simple as 1 2 3

1)  move over site folder
2)  import database
3)  adapt config file

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:19 AM, sam-vital said:

I'm getting a internal server error when access my domain.

Make sure you have debug mode turned on - you might get a meaningful error that way.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sam-vital
      Hi,
      I'm creating a News/Updates section for a client and they would like the 3 most recent Updates previewed on the home screen. So this would be Title and Date Posted. These blog posts will be child pages of a News and Updates page, which is a child of the Home page. So it's like Home -> News -> Blog posts. I don't need this to be a nav menu, just something to show the newest updates.
      All help is appreciated 🙂
    • By sam-vital
      Hi,
      I'm trying to setup up ProceesWire for a site I am working on, and I'm having troubles with the Database section.
      I get these errors :
      Database connection information did not work.
       SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user
      I also cannot connect to phpMyAdmin, Xampp is what I am using as my stack.
      None of these errors have occurred before which is annoying me to say the least.
      Help is appreciated 🙂
    • By sam-vital
      Hi,
      So I'm working on my site, getting round to completing it. I remember that I haven't checked at all what it will be like on other devices, so that's my next task.
      I went to the index page and I get hit with this error:
      Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused (in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 377) #0 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(209): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #1 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #2 {main} in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.phpon line 64
      All I have done from the last code update was change a links target to blank, pushed the update and tested it. Now my site is broken? Went back and changed to the original file and I'm still getting the error.
      I really don't understand what has happened. I am an ok {6 months} web developer with this being my first experience of PW.
      All help is appreciated 🙂
    • By sudodo
      I'm not sure that I really follow this page;
      http://imgur.com/a/hCxqg
      I've created a database when setting up the server, so I'm presuming that this
      is what's being asked for here?
      The page linked for getting setup 
      http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-install-and-setup-processwire-cms--cms-25509
      doesn't really mention anything about these fields.
      After trying to use the user name on the server, and the password that I entered
      when setting up the mySQL to start with I got the following error (so I had
      filled in "DB Name"={some name that I thought up }, "DB user" = {name of user on
      server}, "DB pass" = {pass i set up for mySQL});
      http://imgur.com/a/cgFKq
      After this i tried using
      db name; {whatever}
      db user; {name of user on server}
      db pass; {password for user on server}
      This didn't work either, so I'm not sure what I'm meant to put here.

• By sudodo
      777 seems excessive - is there something that I'm missing here?
      This is a print out of the /site content;
      ```
      total 28
      drwxrwxr-x 6 geot geot 4096 Sep  9 13:30 .
      drwxrwxr-x 8 geot geot 4096 Sep  9 13:17 ..
      drwxrwxr-x 2 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 assets
      -rwxrwxrwx 1 geot geot 1548 Sep  6 10:10 config.php
      drwxrwxr-x 3 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 install
      drwxrwxr-x 2 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 modules
      drwxrwxr-x 5 geot geot 4096 Sep  6 10:10 templates
      ```
      I'm sure that I shouldn't have to have permissions so high, but I'm pretty new
      to this.

Here's a shot of the setup that I'm currently going through;

http://imgur.com/a/WkhAX

You can see that the error (for site/config.php) is no longer there with these
      permissions, but they still 'feel' wrong.
      Thanks