Page Field (Multi Select for Label Field)

renobird

This probably needs to be in the "Wishlist & Roadmap" forum, but I'll post it here in case anyone has another solution.

I need to be able to select more than one label field when creating a page field.

In this particular case, I need to show the user's name, as well as the university ID#.

See screenshot for clarification.

post-474-0-91227400-1349797562_thumb.gif

• Like 2

Hi Marc,

That works for this particular case (and is exactly what I did as a workaround), but it becomes a bit cluttered if I have to do that for each pairing.

I have a couple other cases that would need different pairings.

Thanks for the quick response.

:)

• 2 months later...

Turns out that this was going to add more complexity than I was comfortable with for this field configuration. For instance, you've got an asmSelect and can select fields, but that only says what fields and order. It doesn't say what punctuation or other words you might want in there.

For example, if I wanted to have my label composed of fields "first_name last_name" then I'd just want a space separating the two fields. But if I wanted it as "last_name, first_name" then I'd want a comma and a space separating the fields. Furthermore, lets say I wanted "last_name, first_name, Age: years_old".

So it seems like more is needed than just the ability to select multiple fields. As a result, I made the FieldtypeConcat module instead, which takes care of all these needs and more. I had the subject of this thread in mind when creating the module, but there are plenty of other situations where this module may be worthwhile.

• Like 3