Sublime PW - a Styleshout template based site profile

wbmnfktr

sublime-screenshot.thumb.png.0963b1e684862d0dcd6835507c078978.png

You may or may not know the templates created over at Styleshout.com.

As a fan of the work I decided to create a site profile based on the latest template Sublime.

Just in case you ask: I talked to Erwin from Styleshout about the idea and he was totally fine with it. 

There are no major changes compared to the official version of that template - just some CSS tweaks.

The whole site profile was created without any 3rd party ProcessWire modules and comes with sample (lorem ipsum) content and free stock photos.

Details about used fonts, scripts and images can be seen over at the Sublime template details page.

If you decide to use this site profile please keep in mind that you keep at least the Styleshout link in the footer of that page - my link can be removed. ? 

Is this site profile ready for usage?

Sure. It will work and can be customized and updated with your content straight away. There is even a SEO tab if you want to play that Google-game.

Right now I would say it's more of a good looking easy entrance to the ProcessWire world. All template code is quite verbose and easy to understand for beginners.

By now all site profile files are located over at Github:
https://github.com/webmanufaktur/pw-sublime

That's all Folks - feel free to play around with this site profile.

Let me know what you would do different or what should be changed.
Bugs, questions, anything? Let me know.

Screenshots

Pages or sections created in the backend.

pages.png.392655db6bc531ce87706dc9f29a79c5.png

Choose and sort those sections for the front page.

sections.thumb.png.a4c8fcadeb7fa8f4211169e7414f7bba.png

SEO if you want

seo.png.59c50617f0966e190c17aa563eb85114.png

Auto-generated navigation based on sections.

nav.png.c349fa62951afc4184eec564ef34d62a.png

Global settings

global-settings.thumb.png.218971359d79c1305deda7199aea345c.png

What will or might come in the future?

I plan to create more site profiles in the future - all based on pre-made HTML templates that are available for free.

If you know other templates or would like to see one of them as a site profile, please let me know. Maybe I can spare an hour or two.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for this site profile. I installed it to learn from it, cause a client asked me for a single website and after a break of two years, I wanted to create my second Processwire website.

I have a question about the sections. If I want to add a new section, is it enough to duplicate an existing section.php in the _view folder and create a template for the new section/page?

Cause I have now a new sectionTest.php in the _view folder, created a new template (without file) and added a new page (based on the new template). But .there is no sign of this new section in the frontend.

In the master page (Sublime PW) the new section is not visible (check attachment screenshot).

Do I'm missing something? 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-30 um 14.21.21.jpg

14 minutes ago, flydev said:

ok then check if your new template is in the allowed page (template) in the sections field options (go to Setup > Fields > sections then Input tab)

Thanks, now it works. ?

If I want to deactivate a section, do I have to remove it from the Sublime PW? Cause, if I unpublish a page, the content is still visible. 

15 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Hope everything works now @neophron.

Was away and haven't had a chance to respond in time.

Yes, everything is fine. For the next days it's here in a temporary subdomain: http://pw-single.designport.info

I replaced the js stuff (except the parallax) with uikit (https://getuikit.com).

As you mentioned in your introduction, this is really a good way to enter the Processwire world.

• Like 2