matsn0w

[SOLVED] Pointing PW login to my own login page

Hey all,

I am working on a website and I want to style the login page, but I'm a bit confused. 

I want either the existing login page styled in my own way using some CSS (I guess I prefer that) or I want to create a custom page with a form to login. (Which I could style too).

I used the code from Ryan and Renobird posted here - which works great - but that doesn't replace the original login page. 

Is there a way to some sort of 'disable' the original login?

I hope my question is clear and thanks in advance,

matsn0w

Edited by matsn0w
solved

Is this custom login page for front-end users or for users who need to access the PW back-end?

If it's for front-end users then I think you don't want them knowing about the core login page at all. You get a bit of extra security if you use a login page name that is not easily guessable (e.g. not "admin" or "processwire") and do not provide links to the core login page from the front-end. Then you only reveal the core login page to users who need to access the back-end.

If the login page is for back-end users then I'm not sure why you would not want to use the admin-styled form given that the user is about to be working in the rest of the admin, but you could redirect away from it to your custom login page with a hook in /site/ready.php

$wire->addHookBefore('ProcessLogin::execute', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $this->session->redirect('/your-login-page/');
});

• Thanks 1

Exactly what I was looking for!

It's just a back-end login, but I want it to look nice, just in case someone accidentaly finds the login page.

Thanks for your help, problem solved!

matsn0w

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stanoliver
      My aim is to output a very basic xml document which should be styled with a few css-styles.
      <?xml version = "1.0"?> <contact-info> <name>Donal Duck</name> <company>Superducks</company> <phone>(011) 123-4567</phone> </contact-info> How do I implement it with processwire?
    • By BitPoet
      Inspired by this thread with a little nugget based on AOS by @benbyf to visually distinguish development systems from production ones, I wrote a small module that does the same and lets you adapt colors and text.
      Link to the github repo:
      AdminDevModeColors
      Version 0.0.1 is still very alpha and only tested on PW 3.0.124.
      Description
      This module lets you change the color for the top toolbar and add a small piece of text for development systems, so you are immediately you aren't working on production (and vice versa). The adaptions are made through pure CSS and applied if either the "Enable DEV mode" checkbox in the module's configuration is checked or the property $config->devMode is set to true in site/config.php.
      Works with Default, Reno and Uikit admin themes (though probably needs a lot of testing with different versions still).
      Since a screenshot says more than thousand words...
      Production system (unchanged):

Dev system (Default admin theme):

Dev system (Reno admin theme):

Dev system (Uikit admin theme):

Feel free to leave any feedback here and report any problems either in this thread or the github issue tracker.

• By sambadave
      Hi everyone, here's the problem I'm trying to solve.
      I have a config area in my PW admin that is locked down for admin use. I use pages to store a bunch of settings that I'll use for my clients website. It's mostly used for visual things like colours and theming. This list could be tiny or large, depending on the sites requirements, but its great because I can store any information I want to. So the page tree could look something like this:
      ADMIN SETUP
      Home Config Aesthetics Colours Red Field: Custom Label - "Red" Field: Class name - "theme--red' Green Field: Custom Label - "Green" Field: Class name - "theme--green' Blue Field: Custom Label - "Blue" Field: Class name - "theme--blue' etc... Sizes Small Field: Custom Label - "Small" Field: Class name - "sm' Medium Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "md Large Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "lg" etc... Icons Target Field: Custom Label - "Hands shaking Icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Target Field: Custom Label - "Target icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Success Field: Custom Label - "Happy face icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' etc... HOW I USE THIS
      I'm then able to set up page reference fields for colour, size and icons. I'll use these fields on particular pages so that my clients can select a particular colour, size or icon, or anything really. Currently, with the page reference field I can create a custom label for the options. So for something like colour I can label the field "Theme" and present a list of colours like "Red, "Green" and "Blue" using the custom page label label format of the colours page.
      This of course means that I can use this to do some lovely presentation on the front end of the site. With a colour selected I'll then be able to use the page reference to get the class name for that colour theme so that I can update the page's look and feel. So in my markup I'd end up with "theme--red" or "theme--green" etc.
      THE PROBLEM
      I have this all working which is great and it's really flexible for the client which they love. However, I'd love to be able to make things more visual for the client.
      Is there a way to be able to output more than just text in the page reference field? I might have a bunch of different blue colours, so instead of a list like so:
      Navy Blue Deep Blue Bright Blue Sea Blue ... it would be great to be able to output actual colour swatches, which is a lot mor visual for the client.
      Taking the icon selector, I would ideally like to show the actual svg that I've stored against that icon as a selectable image instead of seeing text options like:
      Hands shaking icon Target icon Happy face icon Just a couple of scenarios here, but as you can see there could be any number of reasons to display a more visual method of selection.
      ANY SOLUTIONS?
      I've looked at modules like FieldtypeColorPicker which could help in solving the colour issue, but it doesn't allow me to select a colour and then use a particular class name assigned to it the way I describe above.
      Considering the other use cases I mention above, does anyone know if anything exists already that would help me to create custom presentaion for page reference lists, or if there's anything planned?
      Thank you in advance for anyone who's read this far and has any words of wisdom!
      Dave

• By angelo, italy
      Hi guys,
      I've always used WP but I want to swtich to PW. I'm not sure ....
      I'd like to know if it's possible to create a website for an online photo contest.
      The participants of the competition could create their own account, in which they upload their photos. The photos uploaded remain visible only to themselves and the judges.
      From their account they can make the "entrance fee" payment.
      The judges of the competition can create their own account... entering they see the photos of the participants and vote photos
      At the main page I imagine the title of the competition, a button to read the regulation, and a button to register.
      The website should be in Italian and English.
      Thank you!!

• By SwimToWin
      The basic Processwire workflow assumes that I (as an Editor) want to save new Pages in draft mode - and therefore new pages are always set to unpublished by default. To publish the page, it is necessary to actively press "Publish", otherwise the Page will not be visible.
      The workflow is:
      Add new Page Status is now "Unpublished: Not visible on site." Press Publish - the page is now visible on site I want to publish pages right away (without having to press Publish).
      Where is that configured?
      ProcessWire 3.0.123
      Uikit v3 admin theme (0.3.0)