matsn0w

[SOLVED] Pointing PW login to my own login page

Hey all,

I am working on a website and I want to style the login page, but I'm a bit confused. 

I want either the existing login page styled in my own way using some CSS (I guess I prefer that) or I want to create a custom page with a form to login. (Which I could style too).

I used the code from Ryan and Renobird posted here - which works great - but that doesn't replace the original login page. 

Is there a way to some sort of 'disable' the original login?

I hope my question is clear and thanks in advance,

matsn0w

Edited by matsn0w
solved

Is this custom login page for front-end users or for users who need to access the PW back-end?

If it's for front-end users then I think you don't want them knowing about the core login page at all. You get a bit of extra security if you use a login page name that is not easily guessable (e.g. not "admin" or "processwire") and do not provide links to the core login page from the front-end. Then you only reveal the core login page to users who need to access the back-end.

If the login page is for back-end users then I'm not sure why you would not want to use the admin-styled form given that the user is about to be working in the rest of the admin, but you could redirect away from it to your custom login page with a hook in /site/ready.php

$wire->addHookBefore('ProcessLogin::execute', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $this->session->redirect('/your-login-page/');
});

• Thanks 1

Exactly what I was looking for!

It's just a back-end login, but I want it to look nice, just in case someone accidentaly finds the login page.

Thanks for your help, problem solved!

matsn0w

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.
    • By codevark
      The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.
      I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.
      Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.
      --Pete
    • By vwatson
      I don't have any fontawesome icons in the admin section. Not sure what's wrong. They used to appear. I've tried all the user profiles and they're gone in all of them.
      Using the browser inspector tool, I see this message:
      Access to font at 'https://www.domain.com/wire/templates-admin/styles/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.7.0' from origin 'http://domain.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
      I'm not sure why this is occurring or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Greg Lumley
      Hi! In busy learning to know PW better I'm looking at existing code.
      I have Bitpoets Editorial Responsive Blog as example. While looking through the code I've just found this line in the blog-head.php 
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?= $config->urls->templates ?>assets/css/main.css?ts=<?= time() ?>" /> I hope it's not a stupid question but I've never seen this before...
      main.css?ts=<?= time() ?> I notice the main template is empty but of course renders on the front end.
      Using a timestamp really has me totally confused. Can someone explain it to me please. 
      Thank you! 
      Greg