Bug or expected behaviour? Template & page same name?

simonsays

Hello,

encountered weird error message, which in my opinion is wrong.

I already have a PAGE named 'nav' using some template.

I tried to create a new TEMPLATE for navigation (different purposes) also naming it 'nav'. When I try to do it via admin UI, I get "name already exists", when I use Migrations module I get

` Got error PDOException with SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'nav' for key 'name' `

The only culprit could be 'fieldgroups' table (which already has 'nav' name) with unique index.

But is this an expected behaviour? User hardly manipulates field group names.

14 minutes ago, horst said:

The one and only field in PW that is (really) required for every single item is a "name". The name must be unique! This is intended. ?

But only within the same hierarchy (siblings) ?

7 hours ago, simonsays said:

The only culprit could be 'fieldgroups' table (which already has 'nav' name) with unique index.

But is this an expected behaviour? User hardly manipulates field group names.

There is no connection between the pages table and the fieldgroups and templates tables. You can name your page identically to a template and there shouldn't be any conflict. However, fieldgroups and templates are twins. Creating a template creates a fieldgroup with the same name. Maybe you already had a template called nav, hence the conflict. Alternatively, you may have had a fieldgroup called nav that was not deleted when a similarly named template was deleted?

• Like 3

On 6/15/2018 at 6:32 PM, kongondo said:

There is no connection between the pages table and the fieldgroups and templates tables. You can name your page identically to a template and there shouldn't be any conflict. However, fieldgroups and templates are twins. Creating a template creates a fieldgroup with the same name. Maybe you already had a template called nav, hence the conflict. Alternatively, you may have had a fieldgroup called nav that was not deleted when a similarly named template was deleted?

So, fieldgroups are only related to templates? And fieldgroup is only deleted when a template is deleted?