LogMaintenance

Soma

LogMaintenance

A simple ProcessWire module to give some maintenance control over log files. I found myself often having lots of log files for different things that can grow more or less quickly to a size where they can be difficult to maintain. The built in Logger of PW does a good job of giving you the possibility to delete or prune logs. But it has to be done manually and sometimes a log grows into millions of lines, which makes it often impossible to even prune it as it's too large.

LogMaintenance uses LazyCron to run the maintenance task and there's several settings you can setup on a global or per log basis.

Archive: will create zip files for each log file in logs/archive/ folder and add the log each time the maintenance is run to a subfolder containing the datetime.

Lines: keeps logs to a certain number of lines 

Days: keeps the log to a certain number of days

Bytes: keeps the log to a certain amount of bytes

Each setting is checked from top down, the first setting to contain something is used. So if you check the "Archive" option, all other settings are ignored and logs are archived everytime the LazyCron is executed. If you want to keep your logs to a certain amount of bytes just leave all other settings to 0 or blank.

Per Log Settings

There's a textarea that you can use to setup a config for a specific log file one per line. All the logs you define here ignore the global settings above. The syntax for the settings is:

logname:[archive]:[lines]:[days]:[bytes] 

errors:1:0:0:0 // would archive the errors log
messages:0:10000:0:0 // will prune the errors log to 10000 lines

The module can be found on github for you to check out. It's still fresh and I'm currently testing.

https://github.com/somatonic/LogMaintenance

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...