chcs

Trying to create field using API

After running this code in my module's __install() the template_id is not set. Any ideas why?  (The export contents from the template created and the one that I built with Admin are the same. Both exports have the template_id is set to mm_state. When I go to edit the field in Admin, the template is not showing on the Input tab and it doesn't show the template title on a page using the template that uses this field. Using processwire 3.0.98)

// mm_state
$field = $this->fields->get('mm_state');
if (!@$field->id) $field = new Field();
$field->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypePage");
$field->name = 'mm_state';
$field->label = 'State';
$field->derefAsPage = 2;
$field->inputfield = "InputfieldSelect";
$this->fields->save($field);
$field->labelFieldName = 'title';
$field->template_id = 'mm_state';
$field->columnWidth = 100;
$field->required = true;
$this->fields->save($field);

Try setting template_id as an integer:

$field->template_id = $templates->get("mm_state")->id

• Like 1

$field->template_id = $this->templates->get("mm_state")->id;

That worked! Thanks

3 hours ago, chcs said:

Both exports have the template_id is set to mm_state

Just an FYI - the reason the template_id is set to the name of the template in the export is so it is translatable to another PW site where that template will likely have a different ID. This way the import process can use the supplied name to find and then set the local ID for that template.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By quickjeff
      Hey guys, 
      Looking for another dev to help on multiple processwire projects as well as some other PHP apps. 
      First project is a directory style site with lots of components to come, including stripe implementation  and other fun stuff.
      Need someone ASAP to help out. 

Thanks.
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I am trying to add a field that provides a dropdown menu but there are no Options or Selector(s) type available - see attached image of field types available.
      The following reference under the docs does not appear to be applicable any more:
      https://processwire.com/api/modules/select-options-fieldtype/
      I can't see how to achieve this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• By louisstephens
      I am wondering, how do you pass a variable into wire('page')->get() inside a function? I have been looking through the forums, but unfortunately I have not found the answer yet.
      My current set up is:
      function generateNewPages($parentPageName) { $p = new Page(); $p->template = "parent"; $p->parent = wire('pages')->get('/home/'); $p->name = $parentPageName; $p->title = $parentPageName; $p->of(false); $p->save(); $p2 = new Page(); $p2->template = "child"; $p2->parent = wire('pages')->get('$parentPageName'); $p2->name = "child"; $p2->title = "Child Page"; $p2->of(false); $p2->save(); } When I try to run it by passing in a title like generateNewPages('Demo');, "Demo" is created, but when it gets to the child page I get:
      Unknown Selector operator: '$' -- was your selector value properly escaped?
      Is there a way to pass the $parentPageName to "wire('pages')->get('$parentPageName')" ?
    • By thomasaull
      I recently started to build Vue SPAs with ProcessWire as the backend, connected with a REST API. Thanks to code and the help of @LostKobrakai (How to use FastRoute with ProcessWire) and @clsource (REST-Helper) I got it up and running pretty quickly and now have put all of it in a site profile for others to use. It includes the REST API with routing for different endpoints, JWT Auth and a simple Vue SPA which shows the process of logging in a user (nevertheless, you don't have to use the Vue part, the API will work on it's own).
      Check it out here: https://github.com/thomasaull/RestApiProfile
      I'm pretty sure, it's not the perfect or most sophisticsted solution, but it gets the job done for me…
      Feedback or Improvements are very welcome
      Update: This site profile is a module now: https://github.com/thomasaull/RestApi