Admin getting 404! Urgent help!

Roych

Hello,

I've made a site that was working great until today. When I try to login to ADMIN I get 404 error. The frontend works normal. The admin URL is right. I didn't lock the admin to 404. Everything looks normal in .htacces. I just can't login. The site is still in subfolder and should be deployed today but somehow this happened ..

The site is: http://barbsart.si/novo/admin/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

R

How long can it take to install a fresh new processwire installation and copy back the site folder and database, 10 minutes ??? That is of course your problem is not lurking somewhere (e.g. a typo) in your templates or corrupted database record.

• Like 1

I have it installed. I get

[2018-05-21 15-17-19] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ..../novo/site/templates/cenik.php:20  @ http://barbsart.si/novo/si/cenik/
[2018-05-21 15-17-20] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ..../novo/site/templates/settings.php:2  @ http://barbsart.si/novo/si/nastavitve/

Not sure what this means ? all looks fine on those files and was working great until now.

I will try ti install a fresh copy and copy the site folder and DB and hope this will fix the problem. I'll get back if all goes well.

Thank you.

R

• Like 1

Just now, pwired said:

Did you install processwire this time in the root or again in a subfolder ? I am running out of ideas, maybe an eperienced coder will step in and have more ideas.

Installed in subfolder again, not sure but it shouldn't be a problem. I've never encountered this problem before.

21 minutes ago, bernhard said:

have you checked your installation on another system (local dev)?

Just checked and I get the same error on my local wamp server. Site itself works great but get 404 on admin. Any ideas? ?

• make a fresh install, does it work?
  • replace site folder, does it still work?
  • replace db, does it still work?

with the error

• clear cache and cookies (should not be the problem as you have the same problem on local dev, but just to be sure..), does that make a difference?
  • see error logs, any hints?
  • remove modules in the modules folder one by one and check if the error goes away.

sorry, no idea, that's just some wild guesses...

edit: also try to remove the files folder - maybe there is a corrupt file in it as you said you got the error while uploading. maybe it's a multilanguage issue?

you can also check if the page exists via api, something like:

$p = $pages->get(2);
echo $p->path;
echo $p->viewable() ? 'viewable' : 'not viewable';