Subpage URLs don't work when using port number

simonsays

Hello,

I have recently finished local development with ProcessWire and moved to DEV VPS.

However, DEV VPS base url has port number in it. url:port.

So, when I either go to admin url:port/processwire and or any of the subpages, they are not found.

Do I need to modify anything in .htaccess or Apache? Does anyone have experience with this?

57 minutes ago, simonsays said:

yes, that is my question

Running PW on non-standard ports shouldn't be an issue. Did you develop in a subdirectory? If yes, there might be a leftover RewriteBase entry in .htaccess interfering with URL rewrites.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BitPoet said:

Running PW on non-standard ports shouldn't be an issue. Did you develop in a subdirectory? If yes, there might be a leftover RewriteBase entry in .htaccess interfering with URL rewrites.

So, what you are saying, is PW's .htaccess should work out of the box?

I did not change anything in .htaccess. I assume, the problem is somewhere in apache vhost, where I do not have admin access.

36 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I did not change anything in .htaccess. I assume, the problem is somewhere in apache vhost, where I do not have admin access.

In that case, you should probably check with your hoster whether .htaccess can be used and mod_rewrite is available at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

In that case, you should probably check with your hoster whether .htaccess can be used and mod_rewrite is available at all.

The problem was actually with apache virtual host (the <Directory> was not specified). Thanks for your patience and cooperation! ?