PW 3.0.102 – Core updates

ryan

ProcessWire version 3.0.102 on the dev branch contains more than a dozen commits and PRs. I'll save the blog post till next week, as I continue reviewing pull requests and covering issue reports as they come in. But core updates are really going smoothly while the progress and fun continues, with ProcessWire getting better every week, thanks to your reports and PRs. 

This week I briefly had to do a small WordPress-to-ProcessWire conversion, but the site wasn't quite big enough to warrant automating the content conversion like I usually would. So I did a copy/paste job for the content, which I always kind of enjoy, so long as there isn't too much of it. But it was the first time that I had really used the new copy/paste images feature that we recently added to our CKEditor (outside of testing it during development). And I have to admit this feature is really handy for a case like this. Being able to “Copy Image…” (from another site), and paste at the location I want it to go in CKEditor …while the image uploads and inserts itself into my images field automatically… is pretty awesome. No more downloading images from the old site, on to my computer, then uploading to the new site, then placing them in CKEditor. What used to be several steps now feels like a single natural step. The new copy/paste process is so much simpler, and was a huge time saver this week. I mention it here because it's easy to forget that it's there at all (just like the drag-n-drop into CKEditor option). So if you haven't had a chance to try out the copy/paste image option in CKEditor, give it a try. It's a good thing to know about for those times when the need presents itself, because it'll save you (or your clients) a ton of time. More details about this feature can be found in the post for core version 3.0.87 (if you haven't read it already) where we covered the additions of drag-n-drop and copy/paste images uploads into CKEditor. 

• Like 23