Developer Directory Login Issue

Pete

I've been informed that the login functionality on the Developer Directory is currently not working since the recent forum upgrade. I'm aiming to get this sorted today so people can once again update their profiles.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry this one has been dragging on so long - I'm aware of the issue, just trying to work around it in a sensible way that doesn't break with the next forum upgrade as I think that's what happened in the first place having looked into it last week.

I'm hopeful I can sort it finally this week.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry all, I looked into it a few weeks back and some of the changes in the forum code quickly made what should have been a simple task turn into half a day of headbutting the keyboard in frustration. I'll get back to it today as it's dragged on too long now.

• Like 1

Can someone just try to login to the dev directory? I just logged in with my forum credentials and it worked in both FF and Chrome from freshly opening both of those.

I think what isn't working is if you get your password wrong it doesn't tell you at the moment.

There's a real chance that I fixed it last month and was getting a headache because I was continuously getting my password wrong ?

Hmm... I think there is still an issue with sessions actually - if you get your password wrong first time you have to close the browser and re-open, either that or it's due to too many login attempts stacking up - but either way without the helpful message popping up like it used to it's impossible to tell.

I'll work on this some more now, but if you open a fresh browser window and get your forum username and password correct first time it should let you login to edit your profile in the meantime.

• Like 2

Right, this should be fixed now finally.

For those that are interested, there was an issue with the forum session wiping out the ProcessWire session by the end of the script - a little puzzling because right up to the end of the script everything seems fine but when you redirect the session information is lost. To overcome that there's some background CURL stuff going on now so the two systems are separated completely during the login process.

Please feel free to post/update your profiles again and sorry it took so long.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Pete said:

There's a real chance that I fixed it last month and was getting a headache because I was continuously getting my password wrong ?

Don't you use your browser's "remember login" feature? ?

I just logged in successfully.

Thanks for your work on this @Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragan said:

Don't you use your browser's "remember login" feature??

Fortunately it was more complicated than just me being silly so I can stop kicking myself now ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Just wanted to let you know that I just tried this. It failed to log in as 'Craig A Rodway', so changed my name on the forum to just 'Craig' and it worked fine ?

Thanks Craig - that's because I was a muppet and used $sanitizer->pageName instead of just $sanitizer->text on a value that's being checked against a non-PW system. By this point it's habit ? Fixed now though for anyone with a space in their forum login name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

that's because I was a muppet and used $sanitizer->pageName instead of just $sanitizer->text

We've all been there ? Thanks for your perseverence on this! ?

• Like 1

@Pete It doesnt work for me?. Changed my name here in the forums to "dotnetic".

Go to https://directory.processwire.com/login/ and entered my name "dotnetic" and my password (even tried with my old long name "Jens Martsch - dotnetic" before).

Clicked submit

Being redirected to "https://profile/"

Even tried different browsers, clearing cookies and using private mode in Edge

@dotnetic sorry that was my mistake - made an error when I changed something last night and it didn't show the error to me as a superuser, only to other users (my logic was back to front).

So you should now get redirected properly and you can change your forum name back again if you like (it's only used for login - the directory links your profile via the user ID).

• Like 3

On 3/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Pete said:

Right, this should be fixed now finally.

For those that are interested, there was an issue with the forum session wiping out the ProcessWire session by the end of the script - a little puzzling because right up to the end of the script everything seems fine but when you redirect the session information is lost. To overcome that there's some background CURL stuff going on now so the two systems are separated completely during the login process.

Please feel free to post/update your profiles again and sorry it took so long.

Thank you - I can confirm I managed to log in too now, but had to go Incognito to get it to come back to life otherwise it just looped back to the login screen with no messaging. Presumably something to with session info related to my account as above.

• 2 years later...

Hi @Pete, sorry to resurrect this in 2023, but I can't login at https://directory.processwire.com/login/, I am getting a red pop-up saying

There was an error processing your details. Please try again.

I tried in incognito and in a different browser with no historic session info.

I am attempting to login in order to change my bio in the Developer Directory (I assume this is the right spot to do that).

Thanks very much for any help : ) Cheers, Alan

• Like 1

• 5 months later...