Field not returning when not logged in...

a-ok

I'm having a bit of a weird issue.

I have a pageReferenceField on a couple of different templates (it's the same field) and under two of the templates it seems to work fine but under one of the templates the field will only return when I'm logged in.

I have tested this with a few things (different browsers) and when checking the count it shows int(1) when logged in but int(0) on the other browser/incognito mode (not logged in). I then tested the viewability of the field with $page->viewable('field_name'); and on both logged in and logged out states they return bool(true) which made me even more confused.

Is there anything I can be checking? I use ProCache on the site but I've turned it off locally for these tests.

5 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

I'm out of ideas by now. Everything else would be guessing.

I'd double check everything. Templates, fields, pages, referenced pages, queries.

I stuck the same test on the other template (count of the field and $page->viewable('field_name')) and the count is returned when logged out but on the other template it's not. I've checked all templates, fields, page etc. It's the same field on both templates.

Is there a way to check a field access via API?

30 minutes ago, oma said:

I don't know but I guess there are ways to check it via API.

If it's the same field as in other templates and if there are no permissions set for that field there must be another problem.

Right now without knowing anything about templates, fields, references, or queries I'm out.

16 hours ago, oma said:

Yes

$field = 'pass'; // field to check
$template = 'user'; // context template

$myField = $fields->get($field);
$contextTemplate = $templates->get($template)->fieldgroup;
$myFieldInContext = $contextTemplate->getFieldContext($myField);

$case = $myField->viewable()? '' : ' not'; // optional arguments: 1 = page, 2 = user
$message = "Field $field is$case viewable.";

if (!$contextTemplate->has($myField)) $message .= " Field $field is not part of template $template.";
else {
	$case = $myFieldInContext->viewable()? '' : ' not'; // optional arguments: 1 = page, 2 = user
	$message .= " Field $field is$case viewable in context with template $template.";
}
var_dump($message);

• Like 1