ProcessWire Logos (download)

ryan

Michael van Laar was kind enough to make a vectorized version of the ProcessWire logo with several variations, and he sent them to me. This is the first time the PW logo has existed in a vectorized format. Now I'm thinking I need to have some coffee mugs, hats, t-shirts, or airplane banners made. :) Attached is a ZIP file of the logos he put together, in case anyone wants them to make their own "powered by ProcessWire" banner or anything like that. This will probably become part of a more formal media kit at some point.

ProcessWire-logo-michael.zip

• Like 12

Antti: at the moment, yes. It's just that I've got to find a way to optimize repeater performance or create a module before I can post anything and keep the ratio up high :P.

On the topic (or a bit closer to it): I'd like to see a hot-air balloon with ProcessWire logo up in the sky. Eye-catching. Any balloon hobbyists around?

• Like 3

Just out of interest, Ryan: I'm guessing that these logos are free to use for pretty much anything we can think of (without limitations), is that right? Most likely I'm being too conservative here, but some kind of license info would be nice addition :)

(As a sidenote, I'm actually thinking about ordering some ProcessWire t-shirts..)

• Like 2

Some branded swag needed at the ProcessWire London meet-up I think.

I need a back-to-front baseball cap with the logo on it so I can look hip and inspire a younger generation ;)

As a more serious suggestion, since "Powered by ProcessWire" would be the logical tag line for a website, why not have "Inspired by ProcessWire" on things like mouse mats and mugs?

ProcessWire merchandise sounds great :)

By the way, the PW media kit lacks of color definitions in RGB and CMYK. I haven’t included CMYK versions of the logo in my zip file, because I’m working with Inkscape – and I don’t trust its CMYK abilities. (Expscially since simple converting RGB->CMYK results in awful colors. You always have to use a suitable color profile.) But I’ll take care of this soon.

• Like 3

Just out of interest, Ryan: I'm guessing that these logos are free to use for pretty much anything we can think of (without limitations), is that right? Most likely I'm being too conservative here, but some kind of license info would be nice addition

This is something I don't know much about. But since it's a common law trademark and in process of becoming more formal, it sounds like I'm supposed to oversee usage somewhat. Not something that I want to do, but apparently that's the rule required to protect the name and ensure some other project doesn't take it from us. So probably best to consider it in the same vein as another CMS logo like Modx or Drupal or something. Meaning you'd avoid using it (without permission) in situations where it might imply that the brand is endorsing or promoting something that it isn't. So if there's any question about something you want to do with the logo, then probably best to contact me about it, just to play it safe. I'm sure it'll be fine, but that way at least we can say we're following the rules, and have the right documentation necessary to protect the name for the ProcessWire community. So far I'm loving all the ideas too (particularly the hot air balloon) :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...