PW3 - Content to be Hidden

ridgedale

Reference: PW 3.0.62 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.

I have a table that needs some of its content to be hidden. I've tried applying the following classes and styles to <tr>, <td> and <a> elements all without success:

• class="hidden"
  • class="uk-hidden"
  • class="uk-invisible"
  • style="display:none"
  • style="visibility:none"
  • style="visibility:collapse" <-- only applicable to rows in this case
  • Is there any way to allow a user to hide content?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Are you trying to hide the contents on the front-end or the back-end? Without being able to actually look at the site in question or the code, I can not really help. I would check your inspector and see what properties are being applied to the content. This will help you out in case you need to add !important (I hate using them) due to the framework.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, louisstephens said:

add !important (I hate using them)

In our dev team, for each !important anyone uses in his code, he/she has to donate 5 bucks and stand in the corner for an hour, deeply ashamed.

But back to the topic at hand: You should be able to inspect and see if all these framework-classes are actually there in your CSS. Are you compiling from SASS? Perhaps there's a helper/utility .scss that you don't include.

7 hours ago, ridgedale said:

style="display:none"

this, however sounds strange. You really should give us more background infos about the big picture.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi louisstephens and dragan,

Apologies for the very belated response and thank you for your replies.

I wanted to be able to prevent the content from being displayed but keep the content on the page so it could be easily displayed at a later date when required without removing it. In the end I decided it might cause too much confusion with site editors, so I removed the content after creating a backup.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:34 PM, dragan said:

Are you compiling from SASS?

No, I'm not.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:34 PM, dragan said:

this, however sounds strange. You really should give us more background infos about the big picture. 

Apologies again. I'll bear that in mind in future.

Thanks again to you both.