PageLister doesn't include unpublished pages because "not all specified templates are editable", even though they are

Marc

I have setup a template called 'product-collection'. The edit permissions are set by this template and assigned to a user role called 'editor'. 'Allow edit-related access to inherit to children' is enabled. I have another template called 'product-card' with no permissions specified.  I have setup two pages, a parent page that has template product-collection and a child with product-card.

The user with the editor role can edit this product-card page just fine, so the edit-related settings work as expected. There is an issue with the pagelister though: once the product-card page is unpublished, the editor can no longer list this page unless he specifically sets a filter to include unpublished pages. This is because the pagelister shows this warning beneath the filters: "Not all specified templates are editable. Only 'include=hidden' is allowed". So while the specified template (product-card) IS editable (because it inherits edit-permissions from its parent), the pagelister does not know this. One way around this is by setting the edit permissions of the product-card template manually instead of by inheriting from the parent. If you do this the warning goes away and unpublished pages are listed without setting a status filter. This behavior seems like a bug to me. What do you think? I'm using the latest development version.

• 5 months later...

Did you find a solution by yourself? If not take a look at 

If this resolves your question, then I would like to request adding a [SOLVED] to the title of this thread. This helps others who are looking for working solutions and if an answer is still needed or not. Thank you ?