One page will not save changes, silent failure.

chcs

I have a page with a good amount of fields on it, I have many other pages in the same template that have no issue, but one particular page just doesn't save changes to any of the fields. 

I installed the clone page module, cloned the page, and everything cloned fine... but still when i try to make changes to the clone nothing saves either (just like the original page). 

I expect some kind of notification to show up saying it saved, or not, but i get nothing as if the page reloaded fresh. The failure is silent, and there's nothing in the logs to direct me.

This is a real head scratcher and I'm not sure how I should go about troubleshooting it further. Can someone help?
Thank you kindly.

If it was my setup I would try this:

1. Checking the Dev Console for JS errors or anything that points to a direction
  2. Looking for entries in the PW logs

Let's say the console is empty and althoug the PW logs don't show anything I would go the hard way:

1. Refresh all modules
  2. Clear up compiled filed
  3. Log out and log in again
  4. Clearing browser cache
  5. Using another browser (all other browsers)
  6. Disabling modules
  7. Disabling hooks in init/ready/wherever

I've now gone ahead and exported the whole site to test on a local environment. when i save i get the following (php?) error (warning?) in the top of the page

Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

@wbmnfktr in response to you:

1. no js errors
2. no PW log errors

1. not sure how to refresh all modules? i'm scared of losing data (eg if i unload the repeater module)
2. i've nuked all compiled files
3. i've logged out and in..
4. it's not a cache issue because i've used incognito windows and chrome dev and other browsers
5. same issue firefox/edge
6. same as #1 nervous about losing data
7. i don't have any custom hooks for back end stuff. it's pretty stock.

Reporting back to confirm that it was a max_input_vars issue. 

Once changed locally, the pages saved as expected. As well, once changed on the production server, the clone and original began to save again.

• Like 1