Harmster

Compare password to post value

Hey,

I've searched for a while but with no results and I am anxious to get this done.

I want to create a user password change script that changes the password to do this the user needs to fill in her/his old password. No problem but since PW does hash all passwords i cant just compare a hashed to a plain text password now can I.

So I looked throught the wire folder and I couldn't really find something.

How can I hash the password so I can compare it?

Many thanks!

Not a real answer. But if a user knows his login/password, let him log-in, after that he can reset the password to what ever he wants. So no need to know the password.

Not a real answer. But if a user knows his login/password, let him log-in, after that he can reset the password to what ever he wants. So no need to know the password.

Problem is that that isn't really secure. If I would use a computer with an account still logged in and I could just change the password like that the actual owned of that account wouldn't be happy.

That's the reason why many of the sites out there ask you for your old password before you can change it.

• Like 1

Thank you, that worked :)

Returns a bool for people also needing an answer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 997 998 999
      Hello,
      I'm trying to edit the field of a page with a value from a javascript fetch post request but I can't get the
      file_get_contents("php://input") or
      $_POST value in my PHP file.
      I created a `update` template and a `update` page (to allow access from fetch request and avoid 404/403/... errors) containing this code :
      $data = file_get_contents('php://input'); echo $data; # test edit the page field with random value #$home = $pages->get("/"); #$home->of(false); #$home->testfield = "test value"; #$home->save(); # test fetch response with random value #echo "test fetch response"; That I fetch request with my client javascript like this :
      fetch('/update', { method: 'POST', body: 'test' }) .then(function(response) { return response.text(); }) .then(function(data) { console.log(data); }) .catch(error => console.log('error')) } The field edit works fine and I get the test response from the `update` file but I can't get the posted value, I only get `<empty string>`. It is working fine outside of ProcessWire so I guess this is related to how PW handle $_POST ?
      I found this post where it seems to be working :

Is there any way to get post value from javascript fetch request? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

• By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.
    • By horst
      Change Default Language to be None-English | Walk Trough
      When you start a new (single) language site and the default language shouldn't be English, you can change it this way:
      Go to the modules core section:

Select the Language ones by the filter function:

We have four language related modules here, but for a single language site in none english,
      we only need the base module, named "Languages Support". So go on and install it.

After that, you can leave it, ... 

... and switch to the newly created Language section under SETUP:

Select the default language

Enter your new language name or its Shortcut and save the page.
      I will use DE for a single language site in german here as example:

Now I go to the ProcessWire online modules directory, down to the subsection for language packs and select
      and download my desired (german) one: 

After downloading a lang pack as ZIP, I go back into my SETUP > LANGUAGES > default language page in admin,
      select the downloaded lang pack ZIP and install it:

After the ZIP is uploaded, the files are extracted and installed, most of my screen is already in
      the new default language. To get all fully switched, we save and leave that page, ...

... and completely logout from the admin.

Now, of course, we directly login back, ...

... and see, that now also the cached parts of the admin have switched to the new default language. 🙂

That was it for a single language site in none english.

If you want to have a multi language site, just add more languages to the SETUP > LANGUAGES section.
      When using a multi language site, I think you also want to use multi language input fields, and maybe different page names for your language page pendents. If so, you need to go into MODULES > CORE > filter LANGUAGE and install what you need or want to use of it, (if not already done).
      Thanks for reading and happy coding, 🙂

• By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "https://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By iipa
      Hello forum!
      I have a site, where I want to remember two settings defined by user:
      1) Theme (light or dark)
      2) Language (Finnish or English)
      Because user makes changes to these settings on client side, I am a bit lost with how can I save them in ProcessWire $session variable? I would like to use $session for more reliable saving, and since it is only two variables I will use, I doubt it will become too resource-needy.
      I have tried using jQuery's post() -method referring to a file in Templates folder (theme.php), but I get 403 Forbidden Error. I don't like the idea of trying to post to same file user currently is in, which is why I thought having a separate file would be good in this.
      Contents of theme.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://domain.com'); $theme = $input->post['theme']; if(!empty($theme)) $session->theme = $theme; ?> Long story short: Does anybody have any pro tips I could use with setting and getting $session variables?