Harmster

Compare password to post value

Hey,

I've searched for a while but with no results and I am anxious to get this done.

I want to create a user password change script that changes the password to do this the user needs to fill in her/his old password. No problem but since PW does hash all passwords i cant just compare a hashed to a plain text password now can I.

So I looked throught the wire folder and I couldn't really find something.

How can I hash the password so I can compare it?

Many thanks!

Not a real answer. But if a user knows his login/password, let him log-in, after that he can reset the password to what ever he wants. So no need to know the password.

Not a real answer. But if a user knows his login/password, let him log-in, after that he can reset the password to what ever he wants. So no need to know the password.

Problem is that that isn't really secure. If I would use a computer with an account still logged in and I could just change the password like that the actual owned of that account wouldn't be happy.

That's the reason why many of the sites out there ask you for your old password before you can change it.

• Like 1

Thank you, that worked :)

Returns a bool for people also needing an answer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "https://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By iipa
      Hello forum!
      I have a site, where I want to remember two settings defined by user:
      1) Theme (light or dark)
      2) Language (Finnish or English)
      Because user makes changes to these settings on client side, I am a bit lost with how can I save them in ProcessWire $session variable? I would like to use $session for more reliable saving, and since it is only two variables I will use, I doubt it will become too resource-needy.
      I have tried using jQuery's post() -method referring to a file in Templates folder (theme.php), but I get 403 Forbidden Error. I don't like the idea of trying to post to same file user currently is in, which is why I thought having a separate file would be good in this.
      Contents of theme.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; header('Access-Control-Allow-Origin: https://domain.com'); $theme = $input->post['theme']; if(!empty($theme)) $session->theme = $theme; ?> Long story short: Does anybody have any pro tips I could use with setting and getting $session variables?
    • By pwFoo
      With JS fetch() it is a bit tricky to get for example $_POST populated (params need to be FormData / forms), but would it possible to get PW $input (get, post, urlSegments, queryString) working for fetch requests?
      Is there a fix / hook / workaround to solve it PW side?
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello Fellow PW Fans and Gurus.

I have run into a problem where i have created a template without a template file associated with it.
      Now i would like to HAVE a template file associated with it, not an alternate but as the main template file.

So i thought, that's easy, I upload the template file and change it in template settings but I only get the Alternate template file setting?

Ok so maybe i can change it via the API , so i wrote some code for this.
      <?PHP function changeTemplate($pages = null, $templates = null) { /* get the pages to change template on */ $logItems = $pages->findMany('template=tmp_log_item'); /* get the template object for our desired template */ $Template = $templates->get('tmp_new_log_item'); foreach($logItems AS $key => $logData) { /* use template object $Template to set template */ $logData->template = $Template; /* save page item */ $logData->save(); } } /* do the magic change */ changeTemplate(); ?> Needless to say, PW was not happy about this, It throw up an error message:
      Error: Exception: Invalid value sent to Page::setTemplate (in /home/virtual/mydomain/public_html/wire/core/Page.php line 1782)
      Now from what i understand i gave $logData->template the wrong type of value.
      So what should the value be to correct this?
      When I read the docs at: https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/
      the value can be "string" or "Template".

So i gave it a string and it went haywire.

How should I approach this cause I realy dont want to manually change template file on över 50 plus pages

Maybe I should use the Template class to create the value that the API wanted, but I am unsure how to use it.

Thank you for any info you can give me on this.

If you want more info to help me, ask and I will try my best to give it to you.
      Updated and Solved
      I solved the problem and have updated the code to reflect this.

Essentialy i used the get() method of $templates to get the template object for my template i wanted to use using the template name.
      I gave the Object to the $logData->template property and all went well.
      We learn something new every day.
      One Note:
      The template file you want to use must have been uploaded and added as a template in the Template section in the Admin for this code to work as expected.
    • By anttila
      We are developing an App that sends data over the Internet to ProcessWire (POST/JSON). We want password to be protected somehow when sending it, but I should be able to compare it to PW's passwords. We were thinking of using md5 encryption, but PW uses different encryption.
      How can I be sure that user has active account when they use the App?