chumneypwire

Exclude "page copying" from addHookAfter("saved")

I was curious, is it possible to exclude the addHookAfter("saved") from running when copying pages. I have a function (currently running in ready.php) that runs on page save for certain templates.

$pages->addHookAfter('saved', function($event) {
	$page = $event->arguments[0];
	if($page->template->name == 'dev'

The function basically just adds the page title to a csv using fwrite if the name does not exist yet. This is functioning great, however, it also runs when copying the pages which produce some unwanted results, ie:

dev-page

dev-page-1 (the title of the copied page before I have a chance to rename the title and name).

I end up with a bunch of *-# pages, as well as the new page names/titles. Is it possible to somehow get around the copying also running the function?

2 hours ago, chumneypwire said:

the title of the copied page before I have a chance to rename the title and name

I think ProcessPageClone should give the user an opportunity to specify a title and name for the page before the clone is done, as is the case for cloning pages with children. I opened a request for this.

But in the meantime you could check to see if a sibling page exists with the same name as the cloned page excluding the "-1" suffix.

$base_name = rtrim($page->name, '-1');
if($page->siblings("name=$base_name", false)->count()) return;

Edit: or maybe a better approach is not to write to your CSV for unpublished pages, as cloned pages are unpublished at first.

• Like 2

Thanks Robin, I was going to implement a check for unpublished, but I think I am missing something here:

if($page->status != $page->isUnpublished()) {
	fwrite($myfile, $txt);
	fclose($myfile);
}

I did also note that it is writing to the file as well when the page is added to the trash. Is there a way to include this in the if as well?

A couple of different ways...

$pages->addHookAfter('saved', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);
    if($page->hasStatus('unpublished') || $page->hasStatus('trash')) return;
    // Your code...
});
$pages->addHookAfter('saved', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);
    if($page->isUnpublished() || $page->isTrash()) return;
    // Your code...
});

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tyssen
      I have a page that contains a single ProFields table field and I want to display the contents of the table on the front end and then for logged in users, they can edit certain columns in the table.
      What I have at the moment is
      $out = '<form action="'.$page->url.'" method="post" > <table class="table"> <tbody>'; $count = 1; foreach($page->fieldName as $row) : $out .= ' <tr> <td><input type="checkbox" name="fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName"></td> </tr>'; if($input->post->submit) : $page->of(false); $page->set('fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName', $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName})); $page->save(); endif; $count++; endforeach; $out .= ' </tbody> </table> <button class="button" type="submit">Save</button> </form>'; The two problems I have are:
      I get an error trying from $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName}), not sure how to make that dynamic.  If I change the above to just a static value, e.g. $page->set('fieldName_1_columnName', 'Testing') and save the form, it's not saving the values to the database. Where am I going wrong?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum!
      I've yet again stumbled on a head-scratching situation. We have enabled the option on our articles template and events template that it skips the title adding part and goes straight to the form. This is what our customer wants. So when you add a new article or event it automatically names it temporary to "article-0000000" and same with event. Now the problem is that obviously after saving the form we want to change to page url or "name" to the title, like it's normally. 
      Now here's the code for the hook:
      wire()->addHookBefore("Pages::saved(template=tapahtuma|artikkeli)", function($hook) {
        $page = $hook->arguments(0);
        $newUrl = wire()->sanitizer->pageName($page->title); // give it a name used in the url for the page
        wire()->log->message($page->name);
        $page->setAndSave('name', $newUrl);
      });
      I get the correct page and the name and path changes when I log them, but when I try to save it. It just loads and then I get: 
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) This happens in sanitizer.php
      and then another error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What is happening? Am I not suppose to use sanitizer in this way? When we made a temporary page object in out other hook, the sanitizer worked perfectly.
      Thanks for the help!
    • By louisstephens
      So I have been diving into hooks lately, and I am enjoying them thus far. However, I guess I am a bit stumped on how to achieve what I want too. I am trying to set up a hook that would create a new child page when the parent page is saved. However, when you save the parent page a second time, I just need to update the child page without creating multiple child pages. What would be the best way to go about this?
      So after rereading my post, I believe it is a bit vague so I will try to explain more. 
      The Goal:
      Create a page with a template "one". Once the page is created/saved => create a new child page with the template of "two" If the parent is saved anytime after, do nothing to the child page (limit the parent page to one child page) The parent page is really just being used to output content, whereas the child page is being used to pull out the some fields from the parent to be used elsewhere. I might have made this too complicated in my head.
    • By chcs
      I have a page with a good amount of fields on it, I have many other pages in the same template that have no issue, but one particular page just doesn't save changes to any of the fields. 
      I installed the clone page module, cloned the page, and everything cloned fine... but still when i try to make changes to the clone nothing saves either (just like the original page). 
      I expect some kind of notification to show up saying it saved, or not, but i get nothing as if the page reloaded fresh. The failure is silent, and there's nothing in the logs to direct me.
      This is a real head scratcher and I'm not sure how I should go about troubleshooting it further. Can someone help?
      Thank you kindly.
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi, I'm stuck since hours and don't know what to do. Here is my Problem:
      I try to generate Previews of PDF using imagick. I have 4 PDF, I generate a preview of the first page of the pdf, save it to a temporary file and want to import it using the api into an image field. It works for the later 3 pdf but not the first. I add it to the image field and save it. Inside the function that saves it, the image is stored in 'data' as well as in 'itemsAdded' but as soon as i leave the function, its nowhere to be found.
      Process:
      1. create previewimage using imagick and create Pageimage > works
      2. add image to filed 'filepreviews', returns Pageimages array with image added > okay
      3. save page > returns true
      4. Outside renderPreview method, image is not anymore in 'filepreviews'
      // mymodule // … // foreach($files as $file){ $preview = wire('page')->filepreviews->get('name*='.$file->basename(false)); // if there is no preview image… if (!$preview instanceof Pageimage) { $this->renderPreview($file) // we create one using $this->renderPreview > should return true on successful save dump(wire('page')->filepreviews); // my Image is nowhere to be found $preview = wire('page')->filepreviews->get('name*='.$file->basename(false)); } // end for each // render a preview of an otherwhise not supported file format // return true if sucessfull save private function renderPreview($file) { $page = wire('page'); // get path to temporary image $tempFile = $path.$file->basename(false).'-preview.jpg'; // … some imagick code // … and save it: $imagick->writeImage($tempFile); $img = new Pageimage($page->filepreviews, $tempFile); $img->description = $file->basename(false); // destroy temp image unlink($tempFile); // this is my Pageimage, all good… dump($img); // save image, my Pageimage can be found in data and itemsAdded – all good dump($page->filepreviews->add($img)); $page->of(false); $success = $page->save(); // sucess = true dump($success); return $success; }

Second question:
      Would there a generally better approach? Like using pageFiles somehow. Goal is to be able to use the image api like scale etc – I don't generally need the images to be stored in an image field.