[SOLVED] Api-driven page reference list

Autofahrn

I'm looking for a solution to have an api-driven list of pages and currently struggle with using InputfieldPage due to the requirement to specify allowed pages.

Background is, that I'm using PW to implement a full featured forum (which actually works quite well and pretty fast btw.) and this page collection is used to consolidate notifications on a per-user basis which are sent out as notification mails. This part works nicely as long as I specify any possible template and pages for the page inputfield.

Problem is, that I can't check the current setting in Admin since opening the input field (I set it to closed and loaded via AJAX on demand) triggers loading of several thousand pages into the dropdown list which takes a while and ends in timeout error 500 from time to time.

I just want to see the (few) currently referenced pages (preferably with the title field) for diagnostic purposes, I never will add references from the admin so I don't need the dropdown to be filled.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

15 minutes ago, Autofahrn said:

I just want to see the (few) currently referenced pages (preferably with the title field) for diagnostic purposes, I never will add references from the admin so I don't need the dropdown to be filled.

Use either InputfieldPageAutocomplete or InputfieldPageListSelectMultiple as input for the page reference field. These will only load selectable pages on request.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1