Inline labels and input on admin form

Gary Austin

I have an admin page I want to build with 6 fieldsets of between 6 and 20 text fields each.  I really want the input labels to be inline with the actual input entry field to make the forms readable.  I'm using the uikit admin and it has a horizontal form option for doing so, but it seems processwire wants to lock down the vertical form option which puts label on top of input.  I can't find any api call to change or force this.   I'm actually taking all these fields and generating a single json field to be stored in the database.

Right now  I'm bailing on the processwire form/field api and just going to hard code my own form and field sets, but would appreciate any advice if I am missing an api call to change the layout of labels/inputs on "back" pages.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Gary Austin said:

Right now  I'm bailing on the processwire form/field api and just going to hard code my own form and field sets, but would appreciate any advice if I am missing an api call to change the layout of labels/inputs on "back" pages.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Gary Austin said:

Maybe 'easiest' to just duplicate the uikit admin, edit it as you wish and install that as your admin theme. Of course, you'd still need to dig into the code to find out what you need to change...It might not be as straightforward as it sounds though :-).

I tried overriding CSS of the form as the first approach and that did not work.  Basically all the elements have not just standard uikit css, but also Processwire css and changing the form CSS caused lots of other elements to break.

I might look into creating a new input/field type with all my fieldsets and text inputs in one field as I do store the final value.  Otherwise I'm almost done just not using the API and using a custom admin page.