$config->installed = number;

pwired

Hi,

When I install a Processwire setup I always notice a config installed inside the config.php file.
Example: $config->installed = 1524137464;

I actually missed what this config is fore and also do you need to adapt
it´s value when you move your site folder to another Processwire setup ?

• Like 1

My config.php file says:

/**
* Installer: Unix timestamp of date/time installed
* This is used to detect which when certain behaviors must be backwards compatible.
* Please leave this value as-is.
*/
$config->installed = 1507160150;

• Like 3

That property is added by the ProcessWire installer, and reflects the date that PW was installed. Here's the purpose of it: when there are additions/modifications to the core that are potentially not backwards compatible, it will check the installed date to make sure it doesn't need to retain some backwards compatible behavior. There aren't many instances of this, but here are a couple: 

1. If your PW was installed after 2017-12-15, then it uses an "ms" suffix on image variations that use the "maxSize" method on Pageimage. 

2. Another example has to do with Markup Regions. These were originally introduced supporting class attributes for certain actions, and that was later removed, as Markup Regions now use their own attributes. But if you installed your site before 2017-06-21, then the legacy class attribute actions will still work, if you happen use them.

• Like 5