Processwire censored

Ivan Gretsky

Hello, friends!

These days it is not that easy to join you here on the forums if you happen to be anywhere in Russia. You probably heard about our government's struggle to ban Telegram. And ProcessWire's ip is in the list.

At these moments you start to understand just how important can a seemingly remote online community be in your everyday life and work. Thank you all for being here. As long as VPN's still function we can stay together O0.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

"Government guys" all over the world just do not understand that there is no such thing as "only officials can exploit security measures on behalf of the law". If they force backdoors to be implemented into software/hardware then anyone with enough technical skills can also walk through that door. They do not understand the basics of IT security, they live in their dream worlds trying to make the internet less secure therefore introducing more chaos instead of order they say they are striving for. They are doing quite the opposite what they are saying. Why am I not surprised?

• Like 6

@bernhard just liked the original post after a few days passed, and I got notified. So decided to put a little update here.

There are actually some web-design related thing I learned from this situation:

1. Do not rely on cdn's for jquery, fonts and stuff.
  2. Opera actually is not that useless browser, as it has Turbo Mode.

Thanks for support!

• Like 5